It's been out for 2 weeks now...as things stand now, are you keeping your Droid?

whyoyadady

Reaction score
I love it!!!! Do you remember how many updates the iPhone has been through since it came out? I'm keeping it!!!

Mach1Club

Reaction score
Heck no Im not returning this phone, I love it! I had the Blackberry Storm, the XV6800 most of the Palms and I like this phone better than anything else. My only complaints really is the Market place is very average and unless you pay for most of the stuff few are worth downloading, and battery life. Could be Im doing more than I did with the other phones but seems I can only get by with about 4-5 hours of use. Im constantly trying to keep it plugged in so it doesnt run out.

Would I recommend this phone? Absolutely! Big time techy guys might have something else to say, but once Adobe Flash Player is released first part of 2010 this phone is great! Most users wont even know what they don't know how to do.

redjr

Reaction score
I'm no fanboy, but this by far is the best multi-purpose mobile device I've ever owned. It's a keeper!

808droid

Reaction score
It's a great phone and I find it hard to even give it up. So with all of the DROID phones being sold, it is only natural in terms of electronic equipment that not everything sold will be 100% bug free.

I'm sure the numbers are high in terms of defective phones, defective OS, defective parts, defective resistors, cold solders, cracked mother boards etc...the list goes on, and it's just how things are....one phone may pass all test on the assembly line, and the other won't, but the worker just ignores it becuase they are having a bad day...or just don't care.

That's life...it happens!

Like anything in life, there is always something wrong or defective that can be found in ex: food, books, cd's, dvd's, electronics, clothing, shoes, baby care, prescription drugs, tv shows, tv broadcast, satelite broadcast, animals, babies, marriages, relationships, your insurance man, the cable man, the doctor, the attorney, the actor or actress, the music artist etc....it goes on and on....we are surrounded by it and the DROID is not any different, it is a physical electronic product that may or may not suit everyone, or may or may not work properly from day one.

Nothing we buy is 100% guaranteed to work flawlessly...or is it?

I can't seem to find anything bad that makes the DROID returnable, yes it has some issues, it's normal and I think i'm used to it by now, that's just how things are.

Besides, now that DROIDFORUMS.NET exist for us DROID fans, it makes life owning a DROID so much more pleasant. We not only learn about the bad of it, but the many good we can get out of this fine piece of technology....

Thanks a bunch for this FORUM, you guys ROCK!!:r_c:

jjprusk

Reaction score
Stop Compaining???

Stop with all the complaints anything that comes out is gonna have some type of issues it took apple what like 2yrs to add voice control,landscape keyboard not to mention mms. The phone is solid for the most part plus android is finally gonna get the boost it needs into the mainstream partnering wit verizon people should be happy there's already an update coming out it takes months for apple to come out wit a update.. you will never find a phone that doesnt have any problems in the smartphone market, were the real testers of software and google seems to be a company that listens to its users.. If you want to complain about something go get a Iphone and see how many complaints you'll have and how long it takes for updates to come out.. i know i had an Iphone and dealt with complaints falling on deaf ears

What a weird comment - obviously the complaints about the iPhone didn't fall on deaf ears as they incorporated most of the features that people wanted. Must be you didn't pay too much attention when you owned an iPhone (or you owned it for 2 months...). I think people today are very happy with their iPhones, with the biggest complaint being about AT&T and iPhone users just want the ability to have the phone on Verizon as well. I'm carrying both an iPhone and Droid today and I'm on the fence at this point. The biggest selling point for the Droid is the open platform with a wider variety of apps and multitasking. However, the iPhone is simply much easier to use for daily tasks like reading email, web browsing, etc. A simple test I always use is when I'm walking off a plane, how easy is to read email, delete messages, move those messages to other folders, etc. The iPhone browser is the best, by far. The phone functionality, probably due to AT&T, is mediocre. However, data services these days are becoming much more important (I use email and text much more than voice - and trend is continuing).

cgarnes

Reaction score
I'm surprisingly on the fence as well. At first I was completely enamored with the Droid. But after a while, I really began to get annoyed with the the way certain things work.

I develop on an embedded linux platform, and I know the kernel will kill apps when there is no memory left, but the kernel has now way to take stability or overall performance into account. I'll run anywhere from 10-50 different apps in my day, and if I don't manually kill everything periodically the phone becomes completely unusable. What's more annoying is the way applications can register as startup apps with no built in way to prevent it (I have to wait for root to manage my phone based on an open platform??) or to prevent them from restarting after I've killed them. When I restart my Droid, I'm left with 68MB or less of RAM and it only takes about 20 minutes before the UI starts to jerk around like a toddler with Tourette's (its ok, I have a family member with the syndrome).

I think the phone would be perfect if the UI provided a way to manually close apps without starting another app, gave us control over what was allowed to run in the background, and allowed us to edit user installed services and startup apps. I'm probably dreaming a bit... but I'm allowed... right?

I *TOTALLY AGREE* with this!!!!

ccc

Reaction score
Glad to know that they will have an os update coming up soon. I bought my phone at costco because they give you 90 days for returns and no activation fee and free accessories. So I will wait until after the update to see if it fix problems(a lot of them) I'd having with my Droid.
One thing I notice about the rotation problem, it will rotate as it should if you have it in upright position.

ugadawg67

Reaction score
Love this os vs rim, cant wait for the update...working on some apps now,can't wait to see if my weak *** development is approved.

DroidX

Reaction score
Have had the Droid since the 9th and still enjoy using the device. I also own many BB's and though this is quite different I find it more enjoyable. I like the fact I can choose to terminate apps that are running in the background and kill processes anytime I feel like it. This is quite a bit different than the BB and somewhat refreshing....

primodroid

Reaction score
What are the main problems? I just got today and Im Loving it!

What are the main problems evryone is having? I just got today and I LOVE THIS DROID! PHUCKING KICKS ASS! FASSST BROWSER. I am coming off the Storm 1 and this thing is GOLD!!

:reddroid:

Toochief

Reaction score
I will keep mine because I have no choice. I have been on BB for last 15 years and really enjoyed my storm and storm 2. I'm having withdrawals - especially where e-mail is concerned and use of my notes in outlook. I don't have any compliants that I know won't get fixed so it's just a withdrawl issue for me. I am looking forward to the first software update.

Sue88

Reaction score
If I didn't know that there are some competing devices purportedly coming SOON to Verizon (most notably HTC Passion) I would have no thoughts of returning the Droid. However that device interests me considerably. The timing however I fear will not work (I'll have to return the Droid before the Passion is likely to hit the ground).