It's been out for 2 weeks now...as things stand now, are you keeping your Droid?

fishepa

Reaction score
Okay, I'm coming from an Iphone an am using the Droid as a business user, so I rely exclusively on Exchange integration.

Pros -
Screen - LOVE the screen! The resolution is double that of the Iphone and looks spectacular, it's undeniable.
Faster task switching
Most apps I used on the Iphone are already on the Droid platform so I am not missing much at all (although I do miss my native DirecTV app)

Cons-
- Exchange integration is pretty awful
- Global address list will not sync (iphone did this)
- Can't move emails to sub-folders (iphone did this very easily)
- Folder list is not nested as in my exchange inbox which makes it very hard to navigate (again, iphone did this perfectly)

I am aware of the Touchdown program which sort of replaces the native mail application, but I refuse to pay money for something that should be built into the phone. If they can update the Exchange functionality I will be in heaven.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Okay, I'm coming from an Iphone an am using the Droid as a business user, so I rely exclusively on Exchange integration.

Pros -
Screen - LOVE the screen! The resolution is double that of the Iphone and looks spectacular, it's undeniable.
Faster task switching
Most apps I used on the Iphone are already on the Droid platform so I am not missing much at all (although I do miss my native DirecTV app)

Cons-
- Exchange integration is pretty awful
- Global address list will not sync (iphone did this)
- Can't move emails to sub-folders (iphone did this very easily)
- Folder list is not nested as in my exchange inbox which makes it very hard to navigate (again, iphone did this perfectly)

I am aware of the Touchdown program which sort of replaces the native mail application, but I refuse to pay money for something that should be built into the phone. If they can update the Exchange functionality I will be in heaven.

Well, can't solve your other exchange issues, but the Global Address List, there is an app called 'Corporate Directory' to look up the address information from the GAL you are connected to. It is an extra step, but maybe that might help for you.

darthdroidvader

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a keeper. As stated many times previously, there will be issues but nothing major yet. The only thing that ticked me off was the video camera, I was at the Panthers/Falcons game and was in the corner of the endzone when Steve Smith caught the ball and was in the process of recording it from my seat when the video camera locked up on. It did it twice that day and really haven't used it much since. That's been the only complaint I've had. There are minor issues which stem from the fact that I'm not a overly savvy on all the technical 'stuff' but that's not the Droid's fault.

mcb

Reaction score
This was the Droid I was looking for. It does everything I expected and more.

meh8036

Reaction score
traded in my iPhone 6 mos early to get this phone.... I LOVED my iPhone but I see this phone going places... my iPhone was so restricting. My droid has been pretty buggy so I'm relying on the fixes that will hopefully come next month. But i don't see me getting rid of this just yet. The market seems to be growing every day. I think DV's are starting to see that people want choices :)

BLCain

Reaction score
Looks like I'm the only one here that dislikes the fact that being a "smart" phone, it will not auto-answer and does not have voice dialing when connected to BT. This alone makes it worthless to me while driving. The phone itself is GREAT! I am looking forward to any and all updates to the OS and/or firmware to see if this is fixed. But the lack of BT functionality made me decide to return it and re-activate my LG Env.
After updates, I will consider buying it again.

docholiday

Reaction score
I'm definitely going to keep it, I love it so far. There is so much to do with this "phone" from watching TV, to scanning bar codes, to using turn by turn gps down in whatever busy city or rural area if you become lost or whatever. Plus you can customize it to your own liking so yea, she's a keeper.

dschwar1

Reaction score
It's simple economics. Companies rely on revenue to invest in product development. Without revenue, companies like Google simply cannot make new technologies like Android better. We should be proud that as "early adopters" we are helping fund and support a product that will directly compete with the iphone. Competition leads to advancements. Without competition, Apple, the iphone, and the world of smartphones would become complacent, just as the health insurance companies have become complacent with their current exemption from anti-trust lawsuits.

"Early adopting" is usually hard, but take pride in the fact that buy owning and using Android and the Droid, you are helping to support a diverse smartphone technology ecosystem.

MikeDroid

Reaction score
When the Iphone first came out it had a ton of big problems. There will be a huge software upgrade on 12/11. I think that will adress many of the issues.