It's been out for 2 weeks now...as things stand now, are you keeping your Droid?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by lmapp, Nov 20, 2009.

1. VitsDroid

VitsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This phone rocks, the best i have ever had, this thing blows my traded in tour and storm 1 out of the water. The issues it does have dont bother me. I can live with out having to do battery pulls and using quick pull and waiting 6+min for the blackberrys to boot. I also had the pleasure of using the Iphone that was really nice but absolutely hate ATT. Used the omnia for 2 days and it really su*ked. I do like this more than the iphone becasue of the openness and overal functionality. Although I still use my Itouch for games, Apple has some killer games for iphone and itouch.

The Droid is defiantly a Keeper!

I discovered today that i dont need headphones with a mic, i use my regular skull candy buds and when i get a call i hear through them and speak through the regular mic. It was cool cause i Hooked this up to the aux port in our sienna and had speaker phone through my car speakers and had my droid in the car mount about 2 feet away and the peeps i was talking to had no idea i was on Speaker. Tottaly awesome.

2. vonfink13

vonfink13 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I love this thing.....I am definitely keeping mine...the more I learn about it the more I like it.

3. freesoftwarefan

freesoftwarefan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely keeping my Droid. Amazing pocket computer, not perfect but what is? Updates should resolve various minor glitches. Hopefully the platform will become even more open - we should be root in the linux base environment w/o jailbreaking.

4. Mark5047

Mark5047 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, its a keeper in my book. There isnt a single issue with this phone that cannot be corrected with either a third party app or an OS update.

5. wirelesschick

wirelesschick New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have full confidence in Motorola and VZ to just keep making this device better and better. Android 2.0 has all the flexibility they need to just keep the functionality coming. Best device I have ever owned. My gripes are so small compared to the Bold (on ATT) - enough said - and even the iPhone (on ATT) --

Patch needs to fix multi-touch and make it available to all applications.

VZ should not charge for Visual Voicemail.

Need better media player functionality.

Flikr needs to get off their butt and release a Droid App onto market place.

Google needs to open up Google voice and voice search capabilities to other apps.

They fix all this --- I am one happy camper.

6. johnnieeve

johnnieeve Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Treo 600, 650 & 755P. All good for me. But, this DROID. WOW! And, it's going to just keep getting better. I'm all in!

7. bluedust

bluedust Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd have to pull it from my cold, dead hands.

8. djm3801

djm3801 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, it is a shame that anything mildly negative in the way of a comment gets greeted by critical remarks on one's opinion. This phone can stand improvement. It is not nearly as good as it can be. Remarks about the app killer are spot on. The poor interface with bluetooth devices and lack of EASY sync with OUtlook are almost criminal. That said, I feel that the improvements will come and the hardware and OS base are robust enough to support them. ON the fence but likely keeping it.

9. bluedust

bluedust Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Of course it can be improved, it's only been out a few weeks, we realize this.

10. primodroid

primodroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Get "PhoneFlicks" app...Netflix works great and app is FREE!!

11. souljerr

souljerr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This has been my experience also. Considering I came to the Droid from a Treo700w and I don't see anything that is a better alternative, I ain't going nowhere! :icon_ banana:

12. nag228

nag228 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    agree completely. Only issue for me is the camera. both my DH and I have
    Droids, and although both camera's auto focus works, we found that my low light photos (with flash) were less focused than his compared side by side until I took a picture with his phone, and it turned out fuzzy and grainy. Evidently I don't have a steady hand when pressing the button. Not too worried about it because I have a "real" camera with shake reduction function for those important pictures. The pics and video work wonderful for me in good lighting, however.

Nancy