Since it's been a couple weeks now, how are your 800mhz Droids holding up?

alm0614

Reaction score
how can i just keep 2.0.1 and stock theme and get it to 800 mhz?

Guchi

Reaction score
Are you guys using bugless beast? If you wouldn't mind, please post the guide you used to do this.

I used this one to get rooted and to get all the software needed:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...step-step-no-adb-involved-noob-challenge.html

I then used this one to load Bugless Beast: AllDroid - View topic - [ROM] Bugless Beast [950MHz & Wifi] V0.7.3 (2/2/10) I used the Update.zip Installation instructions that are about 1/3 of the way down the page.

and my signature has a 20 something page thread with all kinds of info on that

lemodular

Reaction score
How has it affect y'all battery life? Some report that it improves battery life while logically it should consume more. Has anyone actually done a real comparison?

M

Matth3w

I haven't noticed any significant battery drain. I haven't done any hard comparisons though.

modified

Reaction score
I too was wondering the toll 800mhz has on battery life.

I personally think that either 2.1, or the future updates will make use of the droids CPU and eventually work at 800mhz as well.

M

Matth3w

Not likely. First off, you have to be rooted to access. Even if they did enable that, the CPU is not meant, from the factory, to go about 600mhz. So by allowing the software to adjust it to 800mhz with an OFFICIAL update would screw them over two fold: one, battery life could potentially drain depending on how users use their phone. Two, in the long run, overclocking a CPU WILL shorten its life. It may shorten it by some insignificant amount of time, or it could be significant. No way they are going to risk having that happen and have to replace a bunch of units.

It's at 550mhz to stay, I can guarantee that.

alm0614

Reaction score
if i just root and dont want any other theme how can i get to 800MHz?

jphudy

Reaction score
Had to chime in....

I've been on bugless beast for about a week now and it has been amazing. The phone is so much faster all around. Honestly it doesn't feel even a touch hotter than before. Battery life is better than before. I highly recommend.

robotkiller

Reaction score
How has it affect y'all battery life? Some report that it improves battery life while logically it should consume more. Has anyone actually done a real comparison?

My battery life has definitely improved. I think this has more to do with the SetCPU app used to manage clock speeds in BBeast -- by allowing the sleep modes to be underclocked and the active modes overclocked, the sum battery expense is less than running the phone at 550Mhz 24/7

crspang

Reaction score
I don't think you can stay stock. The ROM has to have an updated kernel to allow for OCing.

I'm using the bugless ROM and so far its been good. There is a post in the hacks section for noobs like me that was as easy as any step by step guide I've ever used. It'll guide you on how to do a backup so you can undo it you don't like it.

Its a little scary at first but once you figure it out you'll feel good about it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

My seat-of-the-pants (both my seat and my pants have been calibrated) comparison says that I am actually getting better battery life. But that is because rooting allowed me to use Setcpu to lower the cpu speed down to 125 while sleeping and while charging (I don't use the phone while charging). Also, I started using Screebl which detects the spacial orientation of the phone so it knows when you are using it and it will keep the screen on. That allows you to set the screen deactivate down to a very low 15 seconds. All told, I'm getting through each day with a higher percentage of battery left than before all this.

Taylorstevens

Reaction score
Those using bugless beast are your facebook widgets skinned with smoked glass? my google search widget is but only on the stock home not home++ along with the power widget

koralyne

Reaction score

My battery life has definitely improved. I think this has more to do with the SetCPU app used to manage clock speeds in BBeast -- by allowing the sleep modes to be underclocked and the active modes overclocked, the sum battery expense is less than running the phone at 550Mhz 24/7

sleep mode being, the screen locked, right?

rican408

Reaction score
To the person asking if u can stay stock. The answer is yes. I too did not want bb or sholes as i tried roms and found them buggy. Stayed "stock" and running 1ghz no problem. Everything works after fixing the wifi issue.....