Would you get out of the Fascinate if you could?

Reaction score
I had the choice of any of the other android phones, and i went with the facsinate, because i have had good luck with samsung products. I liked that swype was preloaded, Going through so many droid 1's swype became a pain since it never recognized the new phone and i had the email them a couple times and wait a week for a reply. I will keep my fascinate even though i hate all the useless preloaded apps (that includes bing). I will eventually root it to get rid of the apps...

Anyone know how to get rid of the apps without rooting?

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I had the choice of any of the other android phones, and i went with the facsinate, because i have had good luck with samsung products. I liked that swype was preloaded, Going through so many droid 1's swype became a pain since it never recognized the new phone and i had the email them a couple times and wait a week for a reply. I will keep my fascinate even though i hate all the useless preloaded apps (that includes bing). I will eventually root it to get rid of the apps...

Anyone know how to get rid of the apps without rooting?

Launchers can freeze them and wont be shown when opened in the app drawer. I also found a site that removes Bing from the search soft key without root. I posted a topic of it a couple weeks back on this site or you can just Google it.

8pened!

Bayman

Reaction score
I am also considering returning my fascinate for an X, and believe me lack of froyo is a big reason. Not into rooting either, so someone please, convince, or at least give me good reasons to stay with fascinate.

OP
B

bluevolume

Reaction score
I am also considering returning my fascinate for an X, and believe me lack of froyo is a big reason. Not into rooting either, so someone please, convince, or at least give me good reasons to stay with fascinate.

I kept mine, and I started the thread. How's that? :)

My advise is to just keep it all in perspective. The Froyo update is really about principle at this point, not so much about functionality. Yes, it will add some features, improve the overall speed, let us run more apps; but the main reason everyone is so mad is because we thought we were getting it and we haven't. And we're mad that nobody is giving is an official reason why. If it weren't for this whole political issue, this wouldn't be anywhere near as big a deal. And I really do think its going to be quite anti-climactic once it does get released.

We WILL get the update. I am confident of that. If you jump ship now and go with the X, I think you'll regret it once the Fascinate is updated.

celtlion

Reaction score
I could and did but I respect you Fascinate guys for sticking it out. Once you get the 2.2 update you'll have the upper hand...assuming the GPS problems are now fixed.

ezas

Fascinate Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Launchers don't freeze Apps. They hide them from the App drawer. The App is still loaded. To freeze App you have to root and do it manually or use a program like Titanium Backup.

Sorry to be nit picky but things get really confusing if terms are not used consistently.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Reaction score

bayman, the fascinate is one of the best pieces of hardware out there. i just did an update on the vibrant to the official 2.2 that offically released by tmo on friday, so i would surmise that the verizon update is not that far away. once you get the update i believe your wait will be worth it. the droid x is a great device, but you will find it hard to accept the screen after having the galaxy s.

i have been using a custom 2.2 rom for months and believe with 2.2 the galaxy line is the best set of phones i ever had. and believe me, i had/have them all.

fishmstr

Reaction score

bayman, the fascinate is one of the best pieces of hardware out there. i just did an update on the vibrant to the official 2.2 that offically released by tmo on friday, so i would surmise that the verizon update is not that far away. once you get the update i believe your wait will be worth it. the droid x is a great device, but you will find it hard to accept the screen after having the galaxy s.

i have been using a custom 2.2 rom for months and believe with 2.2 the galaxy line is the best set of phones i ever had. and believe me, i had/have them all.

LOL by the time it comes out my 2 year contract will be over and I'll get a phone with Android 6.3

Bayman

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys (and girls?) i love the fascinate, but the seemingly lack of support by samsung turns me off a bit...would love to root, but i cant trust myself to do it without bricking it. Still on the fence, but leaning to keeping it...i still have a couple of weeks to stew on this.

eriscrazy

Reaction score
i would not trade this phone for any other. i really love this phone, its had a beautiful screen, fast as crap, im just overall in love with it. my only complaint is not having 2.2.

Reaction score
bay, it really only takes 5 min to root and 10 min to flash a rom. If you mess up you can always odin back to stock dl09. You can't brick a galaxy s.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DroidForums App

jogutier

Reaction score
No more Samsung for me, Hello Moto!

I wouold definetly get the HECK OUT! I got this phone when it first came out and kept questioning the Verizon Rep about Froyo and he mentioned it was around the corner. Thats what gets me. I wanted adobe on the internet, it's like buying a V6 Camaro. You just don't do that and if you did your an idiot. dancedroid

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Launchers don't freeze Apps. They hide them from the App drawer. The App is still loaded. To freeze App you have to root and do it manually or use a program like Titanium Backup.

Sorry to be nit picky but things get really confusing if terms are not used consistently.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Its all good. Thanks for correcting me
=D..
8pened!

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I wouold definetly get the HECK OUT! I got this phone when it first came out and kept questioning the Verizon Rep about Froyo and he mentioned it was around the corner. Thats what gets me. I wanted adobe on the internet, it's like buying a V6 Camaro. You just don't do that and if you did your an idiot. dancedroid

You just called yourself out in this.

Everyone is impatient, we know. Time takes its toll but its still January. Its only been almost 2 months that gingerbread came out for the NS. The other brothers or sisters of our phones are recievong it and its not like the phone is going to blow up if you don't have it or cause your day to suck sh*t. Not yo be vulgar but the phone is amazing. I can still find apps that are new on the web and barcode scan them. And I got the new recent GB keyboard that I'm loving. Just wait and stop venting on this stupid topic and on other topics. Time is running up for them to give it to us.

8pened!