The only 2 things I hate about the Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Emveepee I already edited one post too many. So please refrain from name calling. Spirited debateis one thing but we can't have any name calling in here.

Thank you.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I got rid of the apps too, but afaik you need to root. At least that's how I did it. This really is the sole reason why I rooted.

I tried dxtop and didn't really like it.

Users have also reported that removing apps can cause issues....It's been suggested to rename them.
I've had zero complications from removing amazon, visual voicemail, and corporate calendar thus far.

OP
EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
I just want you all to know that the aforementioned greivances are upsetting to me, as this is my first smart phone. It's like a hot girl with bad breath. I love you, Droid, but use some mouthwash damnit.

Emveepee I already edited one post too many. So please refrain from name calling. Spirited debateis one thing but we can't have any name calling in here.

Thank you.

Name calling adds flavor and liveliness! Thanks for the housekeeping and warning, I'll curse at the monitor without typing it from now on.

iPirate

Reaction score
I tried the AmazonMP3 app out, downloaded a free song and the song did not show up in the music player's list of songs. I'm not sure the purpose of the app now... :icon_eek:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just want you all to know that the aforementioned greivances are upsetting to me, as this is my first smart phone. It's like a hot girl with bad breath. I love you, Droid, but use some mouthwash damnit.

Thank you.

Name calling adds flavor and liveliness! Thanks for the housekeeping and warning, I'll curse at the monitor without typing it from now on.
: ) thank you.

Have fun now

OP
EmmVeePee

EmmVeePee

Reaction score
After some extensive searching I found a post from a month ago which mentions using "Bettercut" to remove icon text. Not quite true, but you can edit it and make it a "space" which makes a little grey oval. This makes it seem like its possible to remove it manually. Program costs 2 bucks, but whatever, I make that in an hour.

I'm more focused on this bug that's on my computer monitor making a little figure 8 pattern. It must be inside the screen or something. I'm gonna go get a razor blade to see if I can get it out of there.

mjs31

Reaction score
Amazon thing doesn't bother me since I dont go into that folder to much. Text does somewhat. I wish it had more options available on how it was displayed or if it is displayed. I imagine that is just a matter of time.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
WTF!!? YOU USED HATE...AND DROID... IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!???PPPFFFFFfff...I'M... GEeTTING....ANNGGRRYYY... RAWWR... :mad::mad::icon_evil:

j/k j/k :)

I don't really mind the Amazon thing, or the visual voice mail thing either. I don't use them and probably won't use them. Maybe it was a business deal they made to get advertising or something. I don't really use the app drawer anymore cause App Organizer is the shiz!!!

I don't really mind the text either lol, It's pretty standard. My eyes don't even see them anymore lol

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I personally like and use the Amazon mp3 app. To each their own.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm sorry, but what music widget is on your left screen?

iPirate

Reaction score
I personally like and use the Amazon mp3 app. To each their own.
How do you play the song? I downloaded one and it wouldn't show up in Android's music player and i couldn't play it within the AmazonMP3 app...?????

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wont use the Amazon thing either, would be nice to remove, and figured it was there because they paid for it to be there.

The OS is in its infancy, options to change or remove text and default apps is not an unheard of request. Typically though, on mobiles you have to hack it at this juncture. It's not a reflection on us, but for the many clueless lemmings out there who given the option might muck it up then come screaming (my opinion on why root wasn't included as an option).

I'm glad you brought up your 2 points, personally I have no issue with further customization options.

praeceps

Reaction score
I understand that a phone of this magnitude is something that you should be able nto do what you'd like without it fussing. It is, after all, a small computer, this mighty thing we call the Droid. But it's. Not as big of a thing that we already put up with on computers or ANY other smart mobile platform. On the iPhonje, you can't do anything you want and neither can the devs, on your computerVista and Windows U ask us about EVERYTHING before we do it and do things without us asking. Other modibloe plattforms are just the same way. SymbianOS can barely do nanything compared to AndroidOS, and Blackberries, they're ridiculous They're more limited than an iPhone. I don understand how two things that are either solvable by the nature of the platform or something that doesn't even effect you boils your blood.