It's been a while for me, and I have sad news....

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
I have moved on to a lag-free world of apple, yes I know, I am slightly more retarded now, but I will admit, the iPhone is simple and it works, at least for me, to each his own. Anyway, i would like to thank everyone here, especially TStright, chkm8, the doc, and everyone else in this community. I leave you with this short video...enjoy

[video=youtube;RHZ4gsIOrMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHZ4gsIOrMg[/video]

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Now..heres a thought...do the same thing to an iPhone and see if it still works after that first hammer strike...

I`ll keep my DX..it can obviously take a licking, even from a ball peen hammer, and keep on ticking....:D

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
you could have sold your Droid X... Whatever makes you happy, I guess.

hwiya320

Reaction score
Glad that you found a new phone. Do you feel troubled with your personal or professional life? Do you feel angry at all times? Have you considered Yoga or mental therapy? just saying... Happy holiday!

mwshows

Reaction score
This is funny. Reminds me of something that happened with my brother. He switched from a DX to an iPhone for the same supposed reason. So he gave his X to my wife (I already have one). Well I turned his on, went thru it to check and make sure everything was OK before I did a factory reset, root and install a custom ROM.....and low and behold I found the sources of most of his complaints.

His DX was loaded with crap that actually harmed it more than helped. Multiple app killers, memory managers, kids games that hogged resources even when not in use.My brother is a network manager yet still fell prey to not recognizing how his phone really operates.

In my experience, either the phone is faulty from a manufacturing defect, or it's the end user. At least on high end android phones like the DX, more often it's operator error than anything else.

I view my DX as a pocket sized Linux powerhouse. As such, if I take care of it and let it work its magic, it has never let me down. I'm even one of those flash-aholics who try different roms just for the heck of it. I just love tinkering, and my phone STILL works.

In the end, all smartphones have issues. They are subject to the same faulty workmanship as any other manufactured product. Some are not as powerful as others, and some are downright crappy builds. The DX is not one of those.

So to this video, I say good riddence. Iphones work for certain people, that's why they exist. I for one will stick with a phone, a company, and an operating platform that lets me be the ultimate decision maker on how my phone works, looks, and operates. I have control with Android. End of story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I for one will stick with a phone, a company, and an operating platform that lets me be the ultimate decision maker on how my phone works, looks, and operates. I have control with Android. End of story.

Same fior me as well...so much so that I just purchased an OG Droid just to mess around with and as a back-up phone...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this pains me to see. I could have fixed that in 15 minutes...

lowvolt

Reaction score
Video proof that the DX is one tough phone. Or the OP can't swing a hammer to save his life.

From my rooted, bricked, sbf'd, rooted again and flashed DROIDX

Insidious

Reaction score
This was painful to watch. Sometimes I get mad at my Droid and want an iphone. Then I go to the Verizon store and play with one and remember how painfully boring it is. Good luck with your crapple product. I suspect you'll be back.

They always come back. ;b

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

OP
midgetgrimm

midgetgrimm

Reaction score
LOL at all the mad people. I did this for fun, I'm not angry(personal or professional), so settle down all, please.

I didn't really care, I'm not a big time phone programmer, I wasn't going to sell it, **** I still have my old palm Treo, maybe I'll smash that next, or my Omnia.

While Android offers all that customization, it can be tiresome as well, with ALL the bugs and fixes needed constantly. I'm not trying to argue, just trying to make the point not to be mad about it lol. When I get my next phone, I'll smash my iPhone to cheer you guys up, Promise!!

BTW- I was taking small solid swings, I wanted to enjoy it, not obliterate it instantly, although, it was one tough mother, kudos to motorola, they always could make a tough phone.

Cheers

@Droidfreak28 - No, I won't be back, at least I don't foresee it, my next try will be back to a Windows phone again. It's always possible though when options are slim.

Last edited:

kooshie

Reaction score
You mean you didn't smash the Omnia? I wanted to toss mine out the car window & run over it repeatedly!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mwshows

Reaction score
I'm not mad, I don't think anyone here is mad. It was simply the statement you were making thru smashing your phone didn't make much sense to me, or anyone here for that matter. And ALL the bugs in Android is quite a non qualified statement. With all do respect, when it comes to updates, Apple does just as many as Google does, and at least Google phones can have ota updates so I'm not 100% DEPENDENT on a computer and iTunes.

As I mentioned before, the rest of the bugs, at least when it comes to the Droid X on Gingerbread, are few. I run a small business and found that anything I need with respect to my business can be done on my phone. I have more or less let my home computer collect dust, except when I have large word processing or editing that I need to do. Any small problems have been just that. And almost without exception, the problem was my doing, or my misundertsranding on how to set something up correctly.

Again I wish you well, and mean no disrespect. Everyone is different and we each make up our own minds on what works for us. But you made an assertion about your phone that is relatively untrue. All I want to do is reassure you that there is a possibillity you could be wrong ;)

All that aside, Merry Christmas to you and everyone on here. I'm actually happy just to be able to own a phone right now. Too many bad things happening these days to get mad over a forum post :)

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's the exact fate of my D2 when my contract is up.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk