Sad I have a D2G

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by robotsandwrestlers, Jan 26, 2011.

1. robotsandwrestlers

robotsandwrestlers New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on here under a different user name but now that I'm posting I need to be anonymous. First, let me say thanks to the great Droid community and all the fantastic developers out there on this Board.

Asurion sent me a D2G after I ruined my D2. I started with the OG Droid last year but have done the two "upgrades" due to equipment or owner errors! It turns out these darn phones aren't waterproof :)

Well I loved my OG Droid, especially once I rooted it. I tried Cyanogen, Ultimate Droid, Bugless Beast, and settled on Project Elite. That ROM was super fast and smooth with no frills. It really let me see my phone's potential!

I was very disappointed when I got my D2. While the speed was noticeably better out of box, I hate the changes Motorola made to the graphics (e.g. sliders, contact icons, etc.) and the programs. The phone became just a tool and not something I even enjoyed using.

Liberty finally enticed me to root and man I was in love with my Droid again!!! I had no problems with Liberty except when I tried to install Revolution Remix (my favorite theme) through Liberty Toolbox, which gave me a bootloop. Easy enough fix...

So now here I am with a D2G. Again, this phone is even faster. But the battery life STINKS even making adjustments. And here I am with Blur and all this crap and my Droid brings me no joy. No ROMs but Fission in sight... sigh.

I sure wish I could trade this to somebody else for their Incredible or not be stuck with it for another year under VZW's upgrade policy.

Thanks for letting me complain.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    What led you to return your droid 2? That really does suck though. Global is really not modder friendly right now.

tappin and a talkin

3. robotsandwrestlers

Ratings:
    +0
    Phone died. Asurion gave me a choice between the D2G and the R2D2.

4. trook

trook Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's awful, I'm sorry. Fission is still a good rom and its still far better than stock.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

5. want a droid

want a droid Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the worst. I'm going to be super careful with my Droid 2 now. I would hate to have to pick between D2G and R2D2.

6. robotsandwrestlers

Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately, I don't think the 2.4.330 SBF is out yet so Fission is not an option.

I know a guy who wants to trade his Incredible. What would that mean for me with my warranty, insurance, and upgrade coverage?

Thanks

7. Scan1on

Scan1on Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The sbf is out and flashing to fission is as easy as 1,2,3. Theres vids on youtube and team defuse even gives your a step by step guide. With fission installed and setcpu I easily get ~18 hours of battery life outta my phone.

8. Merc

Merc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hated stock too, it really sucked. I flashed fission really quickly after rooting and it turned my phone into an awesome piece of technology and it is the best phone I have ever had! I had a DX, but I couldn't stand the size, so that makes this compact phone that much better.

9. grimloktt

grimloktt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is fission currently the only available ROM for the Droid 2 Global?

10. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently, yes

tappin and a talkin

11. jbdow

jbdow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    and so what about those who are easily satisfied ?
    got my d2g a month ago tomorrow - the sales dude informed me that a lot
    of people bring their phones back in a couple days (if their new to smartphones)
    due to them being "overwhelmed" by the os, and everything else. I guess i
    may have given that impression...I like this thing just the way it is, stock
    wallpaper even, and not only am i dodging root+ glitches and headaches,
    i'm also thinking that if i'm real careful, i might find some fully compatible and
    useful apps for it ! oh yeah. I wouldn't trade for anything for at least a year and
    a half, i'm betting.... oh well, to each his own...

hey there! :yahoo: