Finally, a video showing what "lag" I am talking about...

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I know a lot of ppl on here perhaps didnt understand what I meant by lag, but this side by side comparison of the S4 and HTC One (yes I know, not a RAZR HD, but none the less) it will show what all this bloatware does.

This guys NAILS it. And the sad part is... the S4 seems faster than these Razrs, imagine a Razr Vs HTC One? Anyway, again, Im only trying to show what many on here have complained about. The phone is great, I laugh at other people constantly charging their phone, but I tell you what, for me, so far, it seems thats the one thing that sticks above the anything else.

I am not ranting, just wanted to show what I meant and I am PRAYING that somehow, without "rooting/defeating the purpose of Android" is solved, perhaps Verizon will allow their useless bloatware to be gone, and somehow, someway, the phone will meet its max potential.... but check it out, and remember, start it off at 3 minutes and 35 seconds, its only a 30 seconds long....

Start it at 3:35.

[video=youtube;FuEgOZZFfHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEgOZZFfHg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEgOZZFfHg[/video]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Seems to be more of a UI issue than bloatware.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Seems to be more of a UI issue than bloatware.

Whatever it is obviously can be averted. Case and point is the video. The S4 and HTC one are both power houses. And really, so is the Razr.

But there is no real denying that super lag does in fact exist. I say this because a lot of people say "their" phone doesn't lag "at all". I think they are just either accustomed to it or just dont know much better. But this example is perfect.

There should be NO lag on a simple task such as Google Now... and... the video proves it without any real rebuttals.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Mine is not so much a lag issue but the constant redraws. Going back to the homescreen from anywhere I get the spinning circle while it redraws the Circles widget. Press the app drawer immediately after returning to the homescreen and I get the spinning circle for 3-4 seconds while it redraws the app drawer. Very aggravating.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Mine is not so much a lag issue but the constant redraws. Going back to the homescreen from anywhere I get the spinning circle while it redraws the Circles widget. Press the app drawer immediately after returning to the homescreen and I get the spinning circle for 3-4 seconds while it redraws the app drawer. Very aggravating.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

That I would chalk up to the connection you have either it be wifi or data. I have gotten that too.

I'm talking about the lag within the phones hardware and/or operating system.

I do wish the phone chose the fastest connection on it's own though some people will say you don't want to use too much of your data plan but of you watch the amount it consumes it is minimal unless it's a movie streaming.

Just my opinion

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
This is a joke, right? I watched that part 3 times. I've seen lag. I would hardly call what I saw in that video lag...
The One loads GNow a second earlier. That's lag? That's a stutter? THat's slow?
How f%$@#&$%^ spoiled are we nowadays when a MICRO second pause is INFURIATING lag? Really?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
This is a joke, right? I watched that part 3 times. I've seen lag. I would hardly call what I saw in that video lag...
The One loads GNow a second earlier. That's lag? That's a stutter? THat's slow?
How f%$@#&$%^ spoiled are we nowadays when a MICRO second pause is INFURIATING lag? Really?

LOL, yeah, he kind of went overboard on that one, its not like he nearly died in a car crash from the lag trying to get the GPS going (true story).

My coworker just went from an iPhone 4S to a Samsung GS4 (he has NO clue how to use it LOLOLOL) but I checked it out and yeah, the GS4 seems to suffer the same thing these RAZRs do.

I will say the lag shown isnt that bad. But to be brutally honest... for a device that costs $700 new... and with all the technology in the phone... it should work seamlessly 98% of the time. I posted this as most didnt know what I meant, and yeah, I think the poster of that video had somewhat of a valid point, if the HTC one has zero lag, why not the GS4? Bloatware? The UI? What?

And this is just opening GNow... click the camera on your phone, tell me how long it takes to not only load, but to actually be able to take a pic... and Google Now... how loud do you have to say "Google" in order for it to start listening?

I dont think there is anything wrong with paying a premium price and expecting a premium device. If the phone was free and wasn't paying for the mostly useless data, I wouldn't care, but I am paying, there fore expecting. Its like paying for a Benz, and feeling like your driving a 10 year old Hyundai.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL, yeah, he kind of went overboard on that one, its not like he nearly died in a car crash from the lag trying to get the GPS going (true story).

You being distracted while messing with your phone is what nearly killed you, not the GPS on the phone. Come on now. Every phone on the planet has at least once done something wrong at the precise moment you needed it not to. My last phone lost the signal while driving through busy DC traffic and we had to make a decision. Wife and I screaming at our phones because my Dinc2 lost it's GPS signal, we fired up her iPhone and it took so long to acquire a signal and we wound up going the wrong way.
Your phone did not almost kill you. Period. It is your fault you nearly got in an accident, not the phone's fault.

I will say the lag shown isnt that bad. But to be brutally honest... for a device that costs $700 new... and with all the technology in the phone... it should work seamlessly 98% of the time. I posted this as most didnt know what I meant, and yeah, I think the poster of that video had somewhat of a valid point, if the HTC one has zero lag, why not the GS4? Bloatware? The UI? What?
I would like to see the HTC One load up MY Google Now. Bet it would hesitate for a minute. It HAS to as it updates all my many cards with the information I want. This is not lag. This is what I expect. This is what the phone should do. It takes 3 to 5 seconds for Google Now to load when I launch from the widget. It is updating my "time to home", the Indians game (down by 2 right now COME ON TRIBE!), pulled a card for driving directions of some place I Googled on my PC, gave me the current weather card, and the times for the next 2 buses at the bus stop a few feet from my office. I expect this to take a little time. It is pulling info from various sources. This is not lag. It is processing.

click the camera on your phone, tell me how long it takes to not only load,
1 missi.....
but to actually be able to take a pic...
sippi...

My camera does not suck. Blows away my last phone, that's for sure.

and Google Now... how loud do you have to say "Google" in order for it to start listening?

Not very loudly when there is no background noise. Just tested that and surprised how quiet I was when it heard me.

And I REALLY don't understand why you are SO anti-new-launcher? Unless you really love the Circles widget. That's what most of us love about Android. We can try different launchers. PLEASE try at least the GO Launcher, Jimmy. Not to FIX what you think is broken but to give you 3 TIMES the options to customize how you want your phone to look and perform. Using different launchers for most of us is FUN. Not inconvenient. Not a hassle. Not a fix. But part of the FUN.
I swore I was going to stick with the stock launcher this time. I really did love Circles.
Nope. Couldn't do it. I like customizing how my screens flip. I like changing the icons of my different apps. I like customizing transparency in the app drawer or how the app drawer functions. I like being able to hide the notification bar and the soft dock with just a swipe. OR with the Go Locker app, wouldn't it be nice for YOU to choose which apps are accessible from your lock screen? What a concept, eh? You can with Go Locker (or Widget Locker).

Try the REGINA launcher. Talk about a Transformative launcher.
Or try the demo of the GO NEXT Launcher. $16 for the full version (yea no way in hell am I paying that for a LAUNCHER) but it will give you an idea of what is possible.
Currently I am using the paid Nova Launcher (FAOTD on Amazon).
Launcher 7 or Launcher 8 if your a Windows fan.
Vire with the gorgeous clock.
Smart Launcher Pro with a different take on launchers.
And Splay Launcher for probably the most different and unique launcher idea ever.

Please. At the least. Try: Regina, Go and Splay.

If customizing and tweaking and chinaing things up is NOT your idea of a good time... and this is NOT an insult... maybe you should have gotten an iPhone.
I am not anti iPhone like some folks here. I LOVE ALL TECH. I prefer Android to everything. But iPhones ARE right for some people and they certainly do have advantages.
HOWEVER EVEN THE iPHONE CAN LAG

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
[video=youtube;KpUNA2nutbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk[/video]

You have a PHONE in your POCKET.
You can text someone on the other side of the planet in SECONDS. You can Facebook with people around the globe. You have access to more information IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND then any generation in history.
You can book a table at a restaurant by TALKING TO YOUR PHONE.
MY GOD SOME TIMES IT HESITATES! THIS IS BS!!!!!
Yes, it IS a $600 device. How spoiled are we? (Mainly talking to Mr. Infuriated in the video, not you Jimmy)
Infuriated? Really?
10 years ago if I told Donald Trump I could give him a device that does what an iPhone can do today, he'd give me a million dollars for it.
Let's focus people. Focus on the world we live in and HOW AMAZING IT IS. I realize some of you (and I am guessing you are probably half my age Jimmy -40-) are growing up in the age where having these things in your pocket is normal.... it's only been 6-8 years since we've REALLY had this oh so amazing devices.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
You have a PHONE in your POCKET.
You can text someone on the other side of the planet in SECONDS. You can Facebook with people around the globe. You have access to more information IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND then any generation in history.
You can book a table at a restaurant by TALKING TO YOUR PHONE.
MY GOD SOME TIMES IT HESITATES! THIS IS BS!!!!!
Yes, it IS a $600 device. How spoiled are we? (Mainly talking to Mr. Infuriated in the video, not you Jimmy)
Infuriated? Really?
10 years ago if I told Donald Trump I could give him a device that does what an iPhone can do today, he'd give me a million dollars for it.
Let's focus people. Focus on the world we live in and HOW AMAZING IT IS. I realize some of you (and I am guessing you are probably half my age Jimmy -40-) are growing up in the age where having these things in your pocket is normal.... it's only been 6-8 years since we've REALLY had this oh so amazing devices.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and 100 years ago, we went in an outhouse to relieve ourselves, your point? Reality is its today, and yes its nice to poke fun at certain things that we didnt have decades ago and now do and take them for granted, but, huh, last I checked its just the way it is.

Anyway, back to lag. If its a concern to someone, thats why they post on here. And no, I am almost 33 years old, and have been a techie since I my first "Power PC" my father bought for my brother and I at age 15 and was on the internet using dial up and paying a dollar every 5 minutes.

I've been around.

Perhaps my man Lewis Black, can break it down for you, first he starts with the iPhone, then proceeds to the Droid.

[video=youtube;36fyPyElrnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fyPyElrnw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fyPyElrnw[/video]

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yeah, and 100 years ago, we went in an outhouse to relieve ourselves, your point?
Comic Relief, really. ;) AND that we shouldn't be quite so god*$#^ demanding about our gadgets that are really AMAZING. It's crazy how quickly we take this stuff for granted.

Anyway, back to lag. If its a concern to someone, thats why they post on here.
Of course. But my phone isn't nearly as bad as yours which is why I think there must be something going on here.
It takes me about a second and a half to open the camera app and take a picture. What you describe is NOT normal.
In a quiet room I can ALMOST WHISPER "Google" and my phone hears me.
Not making this up. *idea* I shall make you a video of my RAZR in action.

Perhaps my man Lewis Black, can break it down for you, first he starts with the iPhone, then proceeds to the Droid.

[video=youtube;36fyPyElrnw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fyPyElrnw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36fyPyElrnw[/video]

LOVE Lewis. I will watch that later.

Did you read my other post? Would you at least try another Launcher??

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I will try another launcher, and honestly, it is just a phone, not worth getting hyped up over. Love C.K. too!

Watch that clip when you can, its friggin hilarious.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Comic Relief, really. ;) AND that we shouldn't be quite so god*$#^ demanding about our gadgets that are really AMAZING. It's crazy how quickly we take this stuff for granted.

Of course. But my phone isn't nearly as bad as yours which is why I think there must be something going on here.
It takes me about a second and a half to open the camera app and take a picture. What you describe is NOT normal.
In a quiet room I can ALMOST WHISPER "Google" and my phone hears me.
Not making this up. *idea* I shall make you a video of my RAZR in action.

LOVE Lewis. I will watch that later.

Did you read my other post? Would you at least try another Launcher??

I downloaded nova as a new launcher. Very very happy with it. Thank you. Seriously. It's so much better now. Thank you.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I downloaded nova as a new launcher. Very very happy with it. Thank you. Seriously. It's so much better now. Thank you.

Nice! (Test drive that Regina one, too... not as customizable but really damn pretty)

Saw my first HTC ONE this weekend. O M G. It's not all hype. It is sexy and fast as f---. There's no lag on that mother.
If it had a Card slot and was on VZW I might actually be regretting my purchase.
LOL

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Nice! (Test drive that Regina one, too... not as customizable but really damn pretty)

Saw my first HTC ONE this weekend. O M G. It's not all hype. It is sexy and fast as f---. There's no lag on that mother.
If it had a Card slot and was on VZW I might actually be regretting my purchase.
LOL

Told you! The HTC One is fast, there is no doubt.

As for the launcher, I have Nova, pretty cool, I like how you have more freedoms. Circle widget was kind of a blow but I have the Android Weather Widget and its fine.

Also I like how the background moves over from window to window, always loved that Android feature.

Yep, that HTC One is awesome, the speakers being in the front too is awesome. I hate having to "cuff" my hand around the speaker on the back to get it to play louder.