Galaxy S4, what Lag is everyone talking about....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is my first YouTube video, and it is not the best, recorded with my S3, was going to hold off on the S4, but could not pass up this fantastic deal, S4 "used like new in Box with all accessories still in plastic sealed wrappers", one 32 Gig Micro SD card "Samsung", one Black Otterbox Defender with Holster in retail box, one white Otterbox Commuter all for $475. So I decided to make a video for those worrying about the so called lag, be warned, not the best video, LOL. And yes I do have the unlimited data plan.

[video=youtube;yY_gMBPMhw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_gMBPMhw0[/video]

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
All that for $475? Good score and thanks for sharing the video!

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was a bit skeptical and nervous waiting for the package, but everything came as described by the seller, must have been either an iPhone user that could not get used to Android, don't know, or desperate for a quick sale, heck same phone on eBay sells for over $550 without all the extras I received. The phone is brand new, the funny thing is the seller thought the camera lens had a scratch on it, I did not tell him about the film that is attached to the lens, the scratch he thought was on the lens was actually on the film that I removed, even if it was scratched, a lens cover goes for like $2 on eBay and is easy to change. The funny thing is, he did not even reset the phone, guess he did not know how, was weird when I booted it up and it went straight to the TW launcher.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sweet deal. Congrats!! Did his wife buy an S4 too and does she want toget rid of it at the same price??

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Somehow I feel a little guilty, not really:icon_ banana: there was actually like 35 people watching it before I pulled the trigger, it went from 2 to 35 watching it in like 1 minute, so I did not hesitate, and pulled the trigger. Must have been quite a few people pissed off when they realized it was gone so fast, I have a feeling they too where a bit skeptical with the price, as for them not pulling the trigger, but I live on the EDGE, LOL.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Been using my phone almost nonstop for 5 days in a row now and not a single hiccup.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Only lag I had was using the stock messaging APP. Cyanogenmod and Google Text Messaging app solved that.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only lag I had was using the stock messaging APP. Cyanogenmod and Google Text Messaging app solved that.

You are taking about a rooted device, this is stock S4 not rooted. Yes my S3 is also fast but it is rooted and unlocked.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You are taking about a rooted device, this is stock S4 not rooted. Yes my S3 is also fast but it is rooted and unlocked.

No I mean stock, the messaging was why I rooted and put a rom on. Just being rooted should have no baring on the messaging app.

Sent from my S4

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Great job all the way around.

Even without the launcher I'm not seeing what some people are talking about when it comes to lag.

Derekweb

Reaction score
I have stock SG4. I turned off air view, smart screen and Google now and have NO lag. This thing is a monster! Battery life is awesome.