Is the vzw nexus a "real nexus"

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup here we go again with such a debate but I cant help to feel like this phone is the bastard child of vzw/google and neither really care to push it like the could. I am glad we have a nexus on vzw and I know it is a baby step but part of me feel like this may be the only nexus we may see on vzw for awhile. Hopefully I am wrong. Just i see all the accessories and all out love the gsm nexus is getting from google and feel left out.

:crying: "why dont we have a phone on the play store and where are our accessories?"

^ok had to get that out cuz i know some may be thinking that and others probably dont care.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes, my Gnex is a real Nexus. :smile-b:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol mine is real too as I'm typing on it as we speak letter by letter.

Nexus ftw!

wolfman4u

Reaction score
I am one that is EXTREMELY disappointed in the accessories. Before the phone was introduced there was all this speculation about all the fabulous accessories like a keyboard, and we barely have a dock using pogo. Just thinking about what could have been. Very sad

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
To me, a Nexus device is more about vanilla android than it is the constant updates. Yeah the constant updates were expected, but the way Verizon handled the launch I figured the updates were a shot in the dark, hit or miss, and it's a huge miss. I don't see Verizon/Google supporting this version of the Nexus anytime soon, but thank goodness we have the developer community. Give me vanilla ICS, customization, and quality ROMs, I'd say it's worthy of the name "Nexus".:hail:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will the real Galaxy Nexus please stand up?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reaction score
unlocked..rooted..rommed..and my phone still looks like I just took it out the box..yup its a real Nexus to me..

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Yeah, okay. NO! The Verizon SCH-I515 is NOT a real Nexus phone! Glad I have your attention now, so continue reading. It becomes a Nexus once you Root it, and break the Bootloader, allowing for some sheer AOKP goodness to flow through it's high end circuitry. (I could really do without the pink unicorns) I think the development prospects of the phone and it's O/S are what truly make it a Nexus device, not what the carrier decides to do with lock down's or updates. The Development community has really grabbed ahold of this phone and made it special. The Developers have made me happy I bought this phone, and I will keep it as long as Roman and company keep churning out ROM's for it. The themers are great as well! When you can modify something to make it your own, THAT is what makes it special.... Not what Verizon sells you.

Hugg727

Reaction score
I was just in Boston over the weekend and I was surprised to see many billboards co-branded vzw/google. They were showcasing the Nexus. First time I have seen that....

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To me, a Nexus device is more about vanilla android than it is the constant updates. Yeah the constant updates were expected, but the way Verizon handled the launch I figured the updates were a shot in the dark, hit or miss, and it's a huge miss. I don't see Verizon/Google supporting this version of the Nexus anytime soon, but thank goodness we have the developer community. Give me vanilla ICS, customization, and quality ROMs, I'd say it's worthy of the name "Nexus".:hail:

I put the Vzw nexus in the same category as the og Droid, it's vanilla and easy to ROM and really that is what we asked Vzw for. But is it a Google owned /controlled device (which is what a nexus really is) no. Google don't determine when it gets updates VZW do, and no matter how much Google want to support it Vzw calls the shots. it seems like Vzw has been butting heads with Google over this phone even before it was launched. Google wallet, no we (Vzw) collaborate with a company that will allow us to achieve maximum profit, I mean make sure our customers are safe. And the only accessories we seen on this thing a were cases while the gsm version have already 4 different docks. Am I disappointed.....well I got what I asked for which was a device that was clean and unlockable. Just wished we could get some of the same love the gsm nexus is getting, or just a little bit. Ok done crying and putting my snot rag away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2