[Rumor] Google no longer supports vzw Nexus

wolstonc

Reaction score
So I still don't understand. Was the rumor true, false, or partially true? So they aren't dropping the nexus, but giving less support for all cdma devices?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

higgins

Reaction score
The Explanations is on phandroid.com
About

samiusmc

Reaction score
Looks like Google took their baby and abandoned it at a fire station. Glad I switched to the Rezound.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So it was just an over reaction? Just another day in the digital world :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
so what does this mean, and why should go screaming into the night again? lol

seriously, i'm not sure what that article is trying to say lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Google hasn't provided a real update for me yet. As long as the devs got this, I'm sticking with this phone:hail:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am not too concerned either way. But its nice that it looks like we are still going to get our official updates.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
Has anything really changed except googles making 'catalog' adjustments? Doesn't seem so. The .apk's Google speaks of are the same. Some code is proprietary and so on... it's the way it was, the way it is, the way it's always been :biggrin:

Makes no sense at all of course that Google would abandon one of their flagship phones. And of course they were not, did not and will not.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There was a reason I put "rumor" in the title. I saw the story and asked around about it. But until we got 100% facts or it all out wanted to post to get feedback and allow a place to discuss since I know others saw or either would see it. Now I will admit when I saw the story I had questions and honestly still have questions. But like I said time will reveal all and we eventually will get more truth. If you have a nexus you should not abandon it yet because vzw has a good track record for updates compared to other carriers. Plus as long as you are unlocked you will be able to get all sorts of goodies. Looking into it, it just seems that aosp roms from google will be for the devices they have listed because of the phone.apk but I am sure devs can figure out how to make that happen for people with the nexus on lte devices. They been doing it up until now and they did not just forget now because of the news. So nexus users Rom on :hail:.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like Google took their baby and abandoned it at a fire station. Glad I switched to the Rezound.

Had nothing to do with "abandoning" the Nexus, they simply streamlined their page to acknowledge that AOSP and CDMA cannot be officially supported because of their conflicts. Nothing's changed from yesterday to today.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what asop is? And why the page changed when there has only been one other GSM nexus? There are far more cdma nexii than GSM ones..

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what asop is? And why the page changed when there has only been one other GSM nexus? There are far more cdma nexii than GSM ones..

AOSP=Android Open Source Project