Is the vzw nexus a "real nexus"

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You disagree?

DF has gotten increasingly bad over the last couple months. Too many people crying about Nexus-this and Nexus-that.

Most of those upset are the one's that didn't unlock the bootloader and don't root. That said, we do need these OTA's so we can have updated binaries. But I've had the binaries for weeks now because I flashed the leaked file.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most of those upset are the one's that didn't unlock the bootloader and don't root. That said, we do need these OTA's so we can have updated binaries. But I've had the binaries for weeks now because I flashed the leaked file.

If they're upset then I'd suggest they post in Verizon's community forum instead of repeatedly beating the same poor old horse here.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If they're upset then I'd suggest they post in Verizon's community forum instead of repeatedly beating the same poor old horse here.

The same could be said of your post. If you're not adding anything to the discussion there's no need to post.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yoiu guys are all right in the since that yes the nexus expreience starts when you unlock the bootloader and rom (which I have done since day 1). I am looking more on a broader picture. And my concern is not necessarily for this nexus but the next. And wondering will this be a short lived nexus project for big red. You knew from the start the droid-line was going to continue once it got big. Motorola was going to continue to support the brand along with vzw (or atleast until you had it for a year and a half :/ ) The endless waiting to get a nexus on big red I hope do not result in a short lived nexus experience. Who knows and whether 2 years from now we still choose to want to purchase android on the nexus brand. But it just seem like big red went with the nexus and have the feel of that will be the last nexus (I am not basing this on accessories by the way because 3rd party companies make the accessories). Any way this is just a thought and I am a deep thinker so just had to share.

tumblr_lrt7xfc0UV1qfy8rj.gif
Judging by the way they handled the launch and the device currently I doubt we see another Nexus on Verizon. If they do somehow get another phone with vanilla ICS I'll be happy to buy. It's not a Nexus in the sense that it is Google supported (which you're definitely right about), but it is in the other sense that it can be unlocked and everything. Verizon could've had it real good with the first official ICS device but they botched it bad.