Is it still possible to tweak your cpu in ICS?

itzjusmee

Reaction score
Back when GB was still floating around i d.led the utility to root it and noticed the option to overclock the processor. Is it still possible to do this on ICS at all? I noticed there wasn't an option in the newest utility. How about underclocking?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Back when GB was still floating around i d.led the utility to root it and noticed the option to overclock the processor. Is it still possible to do this on ICS at all? I noticed there wasn't an option in the newest utility. How about underclocking?

I'm rooted and I have mine underclocked. I use SetCPU to underclock, with "profiles" set up to use even less CPU when the battery drops to lower levels. I'm getting awesome battery life too. :)

OP
itzjusmee

itzjusmee

Reaction score
I'm rooted and I have mine underclocked. I use SetCPU to underclock, with "profiles" set up to use even less CPU when the battery drops to lower levels. I'm getting awesome battery life too. :)

Thank you sir!! :biggrin: What do you race by the way?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you sir!! :biggrin: What do you race by the way?

Lately nothing since the economy is killing sponsorship ... but in the past I've run street stocks and late models, and have done lots of testing in ARCA cars and even Craftsman Trucks, just haven't made it to racing at that level. :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
MattyP hold onto the dream, race on,race off repeat. wink