Messed up my Razr Maxx, need help?

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
For now I can live with my DX. It was on the Liberty rom, which is doable for now. One last question, If I reconnect back to my DX, does that have any effect on the sim card in the Razr? Will I need to get a new sim card should the Razr get fixed somehow?

edit: I just checked the md5sum on that ICS zip and it didn't match. I'm gonna download again and give it another go and keep hoping everything pans out.

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
For now I can live with my DX. It was on the Liberty rom, which is doable for now. One last question, If I reconnect back to my DX, does that have any effect on the sim card in the Razr? Will I need to get a new sim card should the Razr get fixed somehow?

edit: I just checked the md5sum on that ICS zip and it didn't match. I'm gonna download again and give it another go and keep hoping everything pans out.

MD5 didn't match? That's huge! This could still work then :)

As far as activating the DX, I'm not positive but I think your SIM card will be fine. Check with VZ just to be safe.

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Downloading another zip file now and retrying the whole process again. Gonna check md5sum first before proceeding, this time.lol

leftspin

Reaction score
Keep me posted, I'm actually quite invested in getting your phone back up and running now considering I've spent more time on that today than anything else :happy3:

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
I will. Sorry about the long delay. This download's taking forever.... My internet connection is slowwwwww. Barely at 289/354mb after all this time. :sorry:

leftspin

Reaction score
I will. Sorry about the long delay. This download's taking forever.... My internet connection is slowwwwww. Barely at 289/354mb after all this time. :sorry:

Jeez man, are you downloading over 3G/4G or WiFi?!

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
WiFi.. slow as can be. I'm not on Fios or any High speed internet. I don't mean to take up your time. Once this gets done, gonna repeat the same process and will let you know. I'm grateful for you to spend your time helping me out, but I don't mean to waste your day on this. I've got the general idea on what course to take, so once dl ever gets done. I can get to work!

leftspin

Reaction score
WiFi.. slow as can be. I'm not on Fios or any High speed internet. I don't mean to take up your time. Once this gets done, gonna repeat the same process and will let you know. I'm grateful for you to spend your time helping me out, but I don't mean to waste your day on this. I've got the general idea on what course to take, so once dl ever gets done. I can get to work!

I was kidding around about the spending my day on it thing before, it's Sunday, what else have I got to do? :)

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
md5sum checked out, but no luck. I'm gonna spend the rest of the day taking a break from this and maybe get back to it later tonight. For now I'm gonna give the DX a go again. Thanks for your help Leftspin! :biggrin:

leftspin

Reaction score
Not a problem! After this long working on it it's definitely a good idea to take a break, good luck man

sline-dawg

Reaction score
Exact thing happened to me this morning.... out of the blue, bam.... bootloop. Took it in and the store couldn't get it to boot either..... Got another phone and I'm almost afraid to let it turn off.........WTF ???

leftspin

Reaction score
Exact thing happened to me this morning.... out of the blue, bam.... bootloop. Took it in and the store couldn't get it to boot either..... Got another phone and I'm almost afraid to let it turn off.........WTF ???

It just bootlooped randomly for no reason? Weird. At least they replaced it for you

OP
D

DrifterX

Reaction score
Ok... so after being bummed out about my phone being "bricked". I decided to give it another go today and after turning on the razr, I decided to install the ICS zip without wiping anything and......VIOLA! Everything went thru. Which really surprised me, because I was waiting any second for it to abort and get a status 7. So now with the phone back on and everything being fresh ICS, my phone needs to be activated with another SIM card again. So my question is....do I take it in and request for another SIM card? I was worried to see that they might somehow find out my phone was rooted. I dl'ed ES file explorer and see that SAFESTRAP is still in there. So how exactly do I completely get rid of that?
Another thing was that during the razr downtime, I was back on my old DX. But reactivating the Razr online went smooth except the needing a new SIM card. I can request to have them send me a new one or I was thinking of going in. Which approach should I take? Just wait in the mail for a new SIM card? or go in and ask for one?...and again LEFTSPIN, I can't thank you enough for your help.:yeahbaby01:

leftspin

Reaction score
Ok... so after being bummed out about my phone being "bricked". I decided to give it another go today and after turning on the razr, I decided to install the ICS zip without wiping anything and......VIOLA! Everything went thru. Which really surprised me, because I was waiting any second for it to abort and get a status 7. So now with the phone back on and everything being fresh ICS, my phone needs to be activated with another SIM card again. So my question is....do I take it in and request for another SIM card? I was worried to see that they might somehow find out my phone was rooted. I dl'ed ES file explorer and see that SAFESTRAP is still in there. So how exactly do I completely get rid of that?
Another thing was that during the razr downtime, I was back on my old DX. But reactivating the Razr online went smooth except the needing a new SIM card. I can request to have them send me a new one or I was thinking of going in. Which approach should I take? Just wait in the mail for a new SIM card? or go in and ask for one?...and again LEFTSPIN, I can't thank you enough for your help.:yeahbaby01:

That's awesome! Not sure why it just suddenly decided to work but I'm glad it did! I don't think they'll even really look at it if you bring it in other than to put the new SIM card in, and even if they turn the screen on I doubt they'll be able to tell it was rooted. If you really wanna make sure they won't know just format the SD card (Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card>Format SD Card), but make sure you backup everything on there because formatting will wipe the whole thing.

It's up to you whether to go in or have it sent to you. Obviously it's more convenient to have it sent to you but you'll have it quicker if you go to the store.