Trouble Unrooting Help!

Jbones

Reaction score
Hello I have been trying to unroot my phone and update to ICS for awhile now and have run into a snag. I am currently on 6.12.173, Rooted running a custom ROM. I think the main problem I have is that my USB doesn't seem to work the way it should. Here is what I have tried so far. I followed max's guide to unroot and downloaded droidRAZRutility, and installed the latest Motorola USB drivers. I go to AP fastboot and the USB does connect. I see ADB Motorola in the device manager at first. I run option 1 in the utility and it starts to connect and work. But then the screen flashes and the utility says to wait for the phone and the USB won't seem to reconnect after the AP fastboot screen comes back on. Now I have also had a problem with my USB connecting just under normal conditions. Whenever I connect the USB to any computer it says that it cant connect on my computer and the phone will only charge. Anyhow the utility just sits there waiting and never connects. At this point I don't know what to do I have tried doing the unroot on a different computer and it does the exact same thing. Can anyone please help me?

OP
J

Jbones

Reaction score
Fixed it!

Hey I managed to figure it out. It turns out it was my usb cable all along. I hadn't realized the usb cables could differ in function on different android phones. I hope this helps someone else