Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh yeah. Absolutely. If they don't have a 4G phone, why drop any of their old 3G phones? Doesn't make sense. Pricing strategy is a really important way to gain market share. Seriously, I have no doubt that's what this was all about.

why did anyone upgrade to the d3 then? That wasn't a 4g phone and there were other 4g android phones available at the time of the D3 release.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Like I said in another thread, it looks like An Android Iphone, An Iphone 5 Prototype, and Im sure googles lawyers are already working on all the lawsuits that google will undoubtedly file for patent violations. I wasn't impressed in the slightest. Most Iphone users don't know android has voice recognition, so to them its new and great ..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Siri does look REALLY cool. We are entering the Star Trek age where we can ask our devices just about anything and it can reply.

But it isn't cool enough to make me dump Android. ;)

What about Android voice commands?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Keep in mind siri was in a controlled (demonstration) environment and you can bet they knew programatically exactly what to ask it and how. It looked impressive in the controlled environment. We'll see in real world use.

Also the android voice features work pretty darn good but I tend not to use them because I want privacy in public. I dont want to be talking to my phone in restraunts, around colleages, at work, in meetings, etc. In other words it's neat but limited for actual real world situations.

The rest of the features are already available in android and no 4g, just theoretical enhance 3g. Again we'll see in real world use. Cloud = google and dropbox, or any number of other services.

I'm glad I went with the Bionic.

I'm envisioning a guy standing in the middle of a crowded Biker Bar whispering," remind my to call my wife as soon as I leave work to see what she wants me to grab at the store on the way home" and then pan to a biker turning around... Close up on his eyes as they morph into the Droid bionic's eyes... Flash of bright light... -Droid activation notification- and we fade back in to see "Chet" lying flat on his back , nestled in his personal iCloud... The scene closes with Cartman yelling," this AnDroid Bastar..s killed Kenn... er.. Chet"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Plus voice commands have been around for about 10 years in cell technology. It's not like Android was the first to do it. Android has been very innovative on features and Apple has some of their own too, Siri happens to be one of their cool innovations.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Siri looks cool, but I think it's one of those 'look what my phone can do' features which won't be useful to everyone in real world scenarios.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Android Voice Commands is not even close to what Siri does.

Sure it is if you know how to use it, and for (Friendly) arguments sake, do you really think google isn't going to one up Apple?? C'mon look what googles done in 2 years thats taken apple, what 6 or 7 years to do.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No...

The iPhone 4S is just a upped version of the iPhone 4. The specs IMO are no different from my Droid Bionic and the features of iOS5 is stuff android already has.

Yea it has a dual core chip....so has Android phones since the beginning of this year. And the "new" features of iOS5...well...lol

The tech enthusiast will bring up the dual core chip thats in it is amazing. Thats great, but the Exynos and OMAP4 is no slouch too. Android phones are about to surpass the retina display screen res in a couple of months. Its great for ppl that really dont want Android and really want an iPhone or iOS.

And like I mentioned before, if the antenna is tested again and has the same fatal flaw of the iPhone 4....the iPhone 4S is a complete fail IMO.

I take it Verizon wont be getting the iPhone 4S?

Last edited:

mandragora

Reaction score
I would be surprised if an android commercial showing Google Voice does not come out soon so Iphone users know android also has a feature like this. (Also, how much power does Siri need to do this that it won't work on the IPhone 4, google voice worked on the OG Droid.)

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
why did anyone upgrade to the d3 then? That wasn't a 4g phone and there were other 4g android phones available at the time of the D3 release.

So, I see your point, but then again that's once of the differences between Android and Apple. Apple customers are some of the most loyal customers there are. When they see a new phone, they start drooling and get this glassy look in their eyes. Also, if you want the Apple experience, you don't have a choice of another manufacturer. With Android, we thankfully do. However, I would assume that those who upgraded to the D3 did so because they wanted the QWERT keyboard and some upgrades, but didn't really care about 4G. If I didn't live in an area with 4G, I would have considered the Droid 3.

I do see your point though. I just think if this had been the 4G iPhone 5, the need for the iPhone 3G would be negligible because they would still have the iPhone 4 and 4s as 3G phones.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
Sure it is if you know how to use it, and for (Friendly) arguments sake, do you really think google isn't going to one up Apple?? C'mon look what googles done in 2 years thats taken apple, what 6 or 7 years to do.

I would absolutely LOVE for you to be right about this. I will say that you're spot on when it comes to innovation. Apple may come out with really great, beautiful ideas, but it does take forever for them to become reality. Google is great about churning updates out constantly.

Reaction score
One really nice aspect of the iPhone is the fact that it RARELY has issues like Force Close, Low Memory notifications, and random reboots. I wish Android could get a little bit more stable in those respects.

Yes, iPhone doesn't have force close notification, the app just disappears from the screen and you find yourself on the homescreen... it happens often enough.

I've never had a low memory notication.. even on my OG Droid. I haven't had any of the above issues on my Droid 3.. other than random reboots.. and that was the phone itself which was replaced and hasn't happened since.

You have to remember Android develops very very quickly.... so citing issues of the past isn't going to help your argument.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
You have to remember Android develops very very quickly.... so citing issues of the past isn't going to help your argument.

Who's citing issues of the past? I have a BIONIC and have experienced every one of the three that I listed. Take a walk over to the BIONIC Tech Support Forum and take a look for yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.