Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
BTW, I'm not hating on Android or my BIONIC. I fully expected to be debated on everything the iPhone 4s has to offer. I mean come on - this is after all an Android forum. ;D

Reaction score
Who's citing issues of the past? I have a BIONIC and have experienced every one of the three that I listed. Take a walk over to the BIONIC Tech Support Forum and take a look for yourself!

You've experience Force Close and Memory Issues with a Bionic? That's funny! There is absolutely no reason for that. I did have Force Closes with my original Droid, but since getting the Droid 3, there are very few and far between... no more than an iPhone anyway. iPhone has force closes, they just don't identify them as such and the user just opens the App again, never really stopping to question why it closed in the first place.

jrshelton13

Reaction score
I had a bunch of co-workers that were so excited about the new iphone release news today, you should have seen their faces when they realized it was not the iphone 5 they were so anticipating! Like someone crushed their hopes and dreams!

I am happy I picked up the DB!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
You've experience Force Close and Memory Issues with a Bionic? That's funny! There is absolutely no reason for that. I did have Force Closes with my original Droid, but since getting the Droid 3, there are very few and far between... no more than an iPhone anyway. iPhone has force closes, they just don't identify them as such and the user just opens the App again, never really stopping to question why it closed in the first place.

Yeah I remember having that happen on my iPod Touch. But yeah, it's nuts! My BIONIC has been rude and given me low memory notifications on more than one occasion. I have NO idea what that's about. Had a random reboot about 4 hours ago. :-/

Reaction score
BTW, I'm not hating on Android or my BIONIC. I fully expected to be debated on everything the iPhone 4s has to offer. I mean come on - this is after all an Android forum. ;D
I have not followed the Bionic closely because the lack of a keyboard ruled it out. I will not subject myself to touch-screen only. With it's specs though, there is no excuse for too many force-closes and running out of memory should not happen... ever.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
I had a bunch of co-workers that were so excited about the new iphone release news today, you should have seen their faces when they realized it was not the iphone 5 they were so anticipating! Like someone crushed their hopes and dreams!

Hilarious! Honestly, I was a little disappointed myself! haha I was expecting something great - probably because of all the media buzz.

M

Mullensbb

ill second this you could pretty much time the Bionics camera with a sundial.

except that I guarantee you more people are using their phone to stream videos to their phone and surf the web than are using it as they're main camera...

therefore 4 g is more important than awesome camera

Reaction score
Yeah I remember having that happen on my iPod Touch. But yeah, it's nuts! My BIONIC has been rude and given me low memory notifications on more than one occasion. I have NO idea what that's about. Had a random reboot about 4 hours ago. :-/

I'd take it back in if you can. I wouldn't put up with that either. It sounds like faulty hardware. You should have more memory than you even need on your phone. D3 has less and it just doesn't happen.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
I'd take it back in if you can. I wouldn't put up with that either. It sounds like faulty hardware. You should have more memory than you even need on your phone. D3 has less and it just doesn't happen.

You know, luckily it hasn't happened in a while. I think I've had a total of 4 of those notifications, and it was right after I flashed the Th3ory ROM on it. It's possible it had something to do with that. But I definitely will be returning it if it continues.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
except that I guarantee you more people are using their phone to stream videos to their phone and surf the web than are using it as they're main camera...

therefore 4 g is more important than awesome camera

I would debate you that they're both equal. In fact, I often leave my digital camera at home for most occasions knowing I'll just use the camera on my phone to take pictures. If it was faster, I'd enjoy using it a lot more. Plus, it's one of the specs I look a EVERY single time I consider purchasing a new phone.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Its only a matter of time before we have an app like that. Android probably already has one in the works.

Lol

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
AT&T, Verizon, & Sprint! Sprint is getting its first iPhone.

Yea I saw that on Engadget today. I just assumed that Verizon wouldnt get it because folks might not be able to take advantage of the faster network speeds with it? I dont really know. Thats a selling point the other carriers will have over Verizon.

Yes, iPhone doesn't have force close notification, the app just disappears from the screen and you find yourself on the homescreen... it happens often enough.

I've never had a low memory notication.. even on my OG Droid. I haven't had any of the above issues on my Droid 3.. other than random reboots.. and that was the phone itself which was replaced and hasn't happened since.

You have to remember Android develops very very quickly.... so citing issues of the past isn't going to help your argument.

After a year I ran into low memory errors on my Droid 1...after about a million apps had been installed...lol I didnt respond to the Force Close notification cuz he said rarely. But yea I've seen this when my co worker was looking at a video clip on his iPhone 4. It froze, and someone eventually figured out how to get it back to the home screen.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
I just went and read the Apple.com iPhone 4S page and it was like reading what my Bionic can do...strange. Keep playing catch up Apple.

Phoenix111

Reaction score
Anyone else get the feeling that rwking is an apple employee on a mission. Seems like he has more the casual ios interest on the brain.

Reaction score
You know, luckily it hasn't happened in a while. I think I've had a total of 4 of those notifications, and it was right after I flashed the Th3ory ROM on it. It's possible it had something to do with that. But I definitely will be returning it if it continues.

I think you are going to have to blame the Rom. Honestly, I think too many Bionic and D3 users here jumped the gun to root their phones without fully experiencing the phone as offered up. The bloatware can be ignored (if it's running in the background, it's because you opened it at some point.) The undeletable bookmarks in the stock browser are what annoy me the most... and that is really nothing.

I did the rooting and Roms with my original Droid. I am absolutely done with that and the only reason I'd root my D3 is to install Ice Cream if it isn't coming for it on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.