Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transformer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, my Graduation party was today and a racked up just a little bit over 2k thanks to my loving family and friends, and I need help.

Which tablet should I get? The "New" iPad(3), or the Asus Transformer Prime? Try and be as unbiased as you can if possible, because normally, I too would pick Android over Apple any day. But here's my thinking when it comes to this.

One of the reasons I love Android is the customization. And let's face it, we all know Android has that over iOS. And I love customizing.

So my main thing comes down to the screen and app support.

I LOVE Android.. but iOS just has better complete apps as there is like.. zero fragmentation between devices. And there is a few more big name apps to pick from. Also, it takes advantage of the amazing screen. On my phone I don't really play too many games as I am more into tinkering and stuff, but I see myself using more apps on an actual tablet.

However, I feel like screen on the iPad is also wasted quite a bit. YouTube still doesn't have an "HD" choice on it and.. that's how I watch most of my videos. The screen has almost no point to it if it plays the videos in SD. When comparing the Transformer Prime's "HD" Youtube versus the iPads, the Prime's looked better in almost all cases. When on the homescreen, the iPad's looked better but not anything too outstanding to me. Also, I don't and won't spend my time looking at High-Res photo's on my phone/tablet.

But.. the new Transformer Prime with an "upped" screen resolution should be out sometime this summer so I'd see myself having an old device in a matter of months while if I get the iPad, I can enjoy having one of the top tablets for another probably, 7-10months or so.

Even with all this thinking I'm still half and half. Just not sure what to do haha.

FYI - When it comes to phones, it's Android no matter what.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
With the reasons you stated, I would go with the Transformer. Probably the one that's releasing this summer. And whenever it becomes outdated, well, you know why we all love Android. :D I have a 3rd gen iPod, but I hardly ever use it. I use my D3 for nearly everything. But yeah, I would definitely go with the Transformer Prime. If you can wait for the new one, do it. If not, then go with the current one.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you can, maybe wait and see if we get that pad phone in the states. If so take a look at that. But if you can not wait the iPad has more apps. But android you can use ps3 controllers to play video games with.
a6f844a1-a66d-4c77.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TatDroid

Reaction score
I hear the "better app support" argument more than any other when talking about iPad superiority. I guess I can only speak from personal experience (OG Transformer owner for one year) it's an issue that has never once come up for me. Every app I've ever wanted, I've found and installed. I'm not a gamer, maybe that's an app issue? Not sure.

For me, the deciding factor is: what world do you live in? Do you own an iPhone, a Macbook, and have tons of stuff on iTunes? Then it would be tough to NOT get an iPad. Or - do you have an Android phone, use Gmail and Google Music, like to customize, and prefer not to pay for apps? Then there is no longer any reason you should leave Android.

Caesars

Reaction score
I have an ipad3 and a razr maxx combination going, and honestly I couldn't imagine it being any better :).

Reaction score
i voted ipad 3. android tabs mostly suck. the prime's the one i'd get if i were going that route, but apple still has the better tab.

Caesars

Reaction score
Also you can watch hq YouTube at YouTube.com on the ipad3.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I voted iPad :shocked-b: depending if it's a toy or a production tool - android=toy iPad=production tool

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all ths help so far, guys! I'll be going to Best Buy in like an hour and a half do I still have something thinking to do. So far I'm heading in the iPad direction. The one thing bothering me about that now, though, is the lack of notifications and such.
If you can, maybe wait and see if we get that pad phone in the states. If so take a look at that. But if you can not wait the iPad has more apps. But android you can use ps3 controllers to play video games with.
a6f844a1-a66d-4c77.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The PadPhone looks absolutely sweet, and I like the idea behind it. Especially since your data plan with you phone is now shared with the tablet. But I do like having both devices.. and I'm still leaning toward getting the SGIII. The design on it too has been growing on me somehow..

ShinyTop

Reaction score
What does this thread have to do with the Galaxy Nexus? I believe wrong forum.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ShinyTop said:
What does this thread have to do with the Galaxy Nexus? I believe wrong forum.

General discussion. This thread is generally more active as well. I like getting to ask people with the same phone as mine as well. I write multiple articles a month here also that don't necessarily have to do with the Nexus also just so us nexus owners have things to talk about other than problems we are experiencing with out phones.

meishkov

Reaction score
Thanks for all ths help so far, guys! I'll be going to Best Buy in like an hour and a half do I still have something thinking to do.

Man ur up kinda early after a graduation party, but I guess it'd be alot more fun goin to best buy hungover to buy a transformer prime. Good call man!! :)

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
meishkov said:
Man ur up kinda early after a graduation party, but I guess it'd be alot more fun goin to best buy hungover to buy a transformer prime. Good call man!! :)

Haha I was actually pretty mad, I went to bed a little after 3 and woke up once at like 7 wide awake then only fell back asleep till 10. Anyways, I went for the Prime!

ForumRunner_20120513_135854.png

meishkov

Reaction score
Hell yea man. I'm sure u won't be disappointed. That thing seems like a beast, and its running android n not ios so u know its gonna be all good :)