iPad vs Transformer Prime

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by BenLand150, May 13, 2012.

?

iPad or Transformer

1. iPad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Transformer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I own a Prime and my friend owns a iPad3. Both are amazing. Their are things I can do on my Prime that can't be done on an iPad very easily though. Examples are: quick file swapping, hdmi out to a tv or monitor (need to buy a $30 attachment with iOS), sharing content through facebook or any other social service other than twitter, connect game controllers via bluetooth and play emulators, buy an app once for all android devices, edit photos from a digital camera (need another special attachment for SD cards). Their are many more but you get the point.

The iPad is really designed for web browsing, media viewing and gaming. The Prime does all of these very well but the maybe not with as much polish as the iPad. But given the limitations of Apple and the extra cost of the device, I would say the Prime or even the Infinity that's coming out soon is the better choice.

One other thing, being an android device also allows you to customize your tablet to the way you like it, even without root. One of nicest thing about owning a Prime or any android device is knowing that its one of a kind, that my device looks nothing like the guys next to me. All iOS devices look the same (except for the wallpaper which is covered by app icons), the only thing an iPad user can do is make folders.

2. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    I own an Transformer and have an iPad from work and I find the Transformer to be much better to use. Widgets are just so damn useful and iOS has none unless you root and even then, its minimal. Apps are so equal these days you can't say iOS because of better/polished apps.

3. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    You can buy an app once for all iOS devices. They just need to be tied to the same account like Android does. When my wife and I had iPhones, we used the same Apple account and shared our apps with each other. On Android, my GMail account is the primary one that we buy our apps on and I just have it set to not sync e-mail and what not, but apps work fine too.

4. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It was my understanding that iPad and iphone/ipod separated their apps from tablet to phone. For example, angry birds for iphone cost $1 while the iPad version cost $2. I could be wrong.

5. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Good choice. Im a prime and nexus owner myself. You wont be disappointed.

Also, since you're a fan of customization, head over to the tprime section of xda and check out the HUBs screen layout tutorial. Def cannot do that with an ipad. Tons of eye candy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

6. EVIL_CLAW

EVIL_CLAW New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I went with TF201 and pre ordered in Dec '11. I finally got it at the end of Feb '12. I got the dock a month later. I got this because there wasn't a decent enough Windows tablet out there yet and I had been looking for a tablet for a year and finally bit the bullet. No regrets. I mostly use it docked as with any tablet, holding it after a while becomes a pain. With touchscreen ability and keyboard its the best of both worlds and you don't need a tablet case if its docked.
    The next laptop I get will be with a touchscreen interface in a ultramobile form factor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    Oh, I misunderstood. You are correct. They are seperate. The iPad wasn't out when I had an iPhone. Ya, that in itself is just greed. Android integrates both into one app.

8. johnomaz

johnomaz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +775
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel 2XL
    My TF201 is usually docked too. The extra long battery life is awesome and the keyboard makes typing a breeze compared to touch screen typing.

9. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Haha, thanks for all the comments, guys! I had to return the Prime because my idiotic self updated to firmware .21 without reading that that particular upgrade could not be rooted yet. So, I said it had a "screen" problem I was uncomfortable with and got another one. I am now rooted and custom rom'd. :)

And haha, I should have done that! :p
    *Sorry for the late reply*
    ---------------------
    So far the Prime has had everything I need and more. The device truly is amazing. I went to Verizon with my brother yesterday to talk to my Friend Brian who just landed a job there and when I got there he was busy, and I was talking to my brother (not super into tech like me, but owns a Rezound with ICS(that I gave him and put on there)) about the Xyboard that was there and how stupid the name was and stuff, and Brian over heard me and tried telling me it'd still his overall choice of the two because of LTE. I told him I'd rather have Tegra 3, a better name, and just use my mobile hotspot to take care of me than buy that. Than he tried telling me I should have gotten the iPad 3 which is the only device he'd buy that was "wi-fi" only.

But both are great devices. I do wish I had the screen resolution of the iPad, but I think I made the right choice. And if push comes to shove, I'll just sell this and get the new Prime that will hopefully be coming out here soon.

10. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +199
    Ahhhh, I see. So you stole a new one from them.

11. BenLand150

BenLand150 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +103
    Best Buy gives you 30days to return the item. So it was that or replace it. Had I not the "replace it option", it would have been returned regardless considering it doesn't fit my needs/wants. I'd like to think my way is better since they made their monry still and I didn't take it back after playing with it and still getting all my money back. So I didn't find a "loop hole" to return it. Whether it truly had a problem or not it could have been returned. I said it had a screen issue so I wasn't just randomly returning the item for the same item. I suppose maybe I shouldn't have said that since it was making a pretty pointless lie.. but can't change that now. D:

12. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Nice pickup on the Prime, was about to say as much as you like customizing I would think you'd lean more toward the Prime.

Nice sig btw, Rurouni Kenshin was a great series:hail: You hear they're making a live movie?