Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I, too, did not have the sync option in settings for Picasa. However, I very quickly was able to do a factory reset which immeidately corrected the problem. also, a chance to redesign my seven screens. Did not take more than 30 minutes and I lost nothing that wasn't immediately available except old instant messages.

What about free apps (I know paid apps are tied to your google account)? Do they stay?

Those can easily be re-downloaded from the market, but the market doesn't keep a record of them. If you're going to do a factory reset, I recommend that you make a list of at least the most important ones to you. :D

I took the OTA and my picasa albums synced up fairly quick. Not sure if ota vs. manual means anything in this case, but maybe it does...Also, not sure if the fact that I had picasa sync while running Bugless Beast has anything to do with it either...

greyghost04

Reaction score
I unchecked "Sync Picasa Web Albumns" and checked it again - after 5 mins of syncing I have all my pictures from my picasa album in my gallery.

That worked for me. This is the way to get Picassa in Gallery.

Last edited:

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I still do not have the picasa option under my google account. Can anyone help?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
For those that don't have picasa, are you ALL running the manual update?

Or are you still on 2.0.1 and just running the Gallery as an apk? Because this way, there IS no sync.

Not sure if the manual update has an issue, but as stated at least once (Including just a few posts up), I took the ota after having used picasa sync on my rooted Droid and picasa albums showed right up in my gallery.

You might also, just for kicks, try going to picasaweb.com on your pc and see if you can mess around with permissions/sharing settings...I'm not sure that this will do any good, but it beats a factory reset...

nickv84

Reaction score
I still do not have the picasa option under my google account. Can anyone help?

Presumably a reset is the only option :mad:

Are you guys doing a factory data reset (from privacy settings menu) or a hard reset from the recovery menu?

nickv84

Reaction score
For those that don't have picasa, are you ALL running the manual update?

Or are you still on 2.0.1 and just running the Gallery as an apk? Because this way, there IS no sync.

Not sure if the manual update has an issue, but as stated at least once (Including just a few posts up), I took the ota after having used picasa sync on my rooted Droid and picasa albums showed right up in my gallery.

You might also, just for kicks, try going to picasaweb.com on your pc and see if you can mess around with permissions/sharing settings...I'm not sure that this will do any good, but it beats a factory reset...

I'm using the manual 2.1 update.

nsiebenaller

Reaction score
I updated to 2.1 OTA on Sunday morning. Prior to that I was rooted 2.0.1. After updating, I checked out the new Gallery, but like most here, I did not have anything from Picassa. After reading the threads tonight, I decided to factory reset... first I backed up all apps using Astro (great app!). After resetting everything and re-installing my apps from Astro (very simple)... I checked the sync options for my Google account, and sure enough Picass was now an option. Looks like Motorola or VZW dropped the ball on this one!?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Those can easily be re-downloaded from the market, but the market doesn't keep a record of them. If you're going to do a factory reset, I recommend that you make a list of at least the most important ones to you. :D

FYI, when I did a Factory Data Reset last week (to fix the Picasa/Earth issue) all of the apps (free and purchased) Downloaded from the Market showed up in my Market "Downloads". They were not installed, but the entire list of previous apps were there. All I had to do was go down the list tapping install and bang all my apps were back.

The 3rd party apps should be backed up and reinstalled with Astro/My Backup etc for easy reinstall.

I also used My Backup Pro to back up Android System settings. SMS, MMS, etc and with one tap all of my system settings, messages and even home page shortcuts were back as they were before.

IIRC, the only thing I had to do was redo my custom ringtone settings in my contacts.

Easy and painless and my Droid is slightly faster too.

crankycrab

Reaction score
here is how i synced my moto droid gallery to picassa...just to be clear, i'm running the OTA 2.1 update. when i first opened gallery, picassa sync option didn't show up.
after reading this thread, seems a lot of ppl have suggested a factory reset (i didn't want to go thru the hassle of resetting, although i see its not as tedious as i thought it wud be).

so i synced my droid to picassa without factory resetting...here's how i went about it.

go to accounts & sync - then press the add account option in the bottom - then press google account - enter username and pssword - then the next screen will give u a picassa album sync option - just tap and voila u're synced!!!

this worked for me...would love to hear if it worked for others with the 2.1 OTA update from verizon.

fibermick

Reaction score
Picasa not working

Tried following the instructions and picasa is not syncing unless I tap on share--then the individual pictures--then upload. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

crankycrab

Reaction score
Tried following the instructions and picasa is not syncing unless I tap on share--then the individual pictures--then upload. Is this the way it is supposed to work?

by syncing, what i meant was that ur albums on picassa showed up as albums in ur gallery in the droid; so essentially have ur droid sync with all ur picassa albums online. for uploading photos from ur droid to picassa, you can select the entire folder you want to upload instead of uploading photos one by one (exactly the way u wud do it on a desktop where u would select the entire folder and upload). i select a folder by pressing the menu button twice.

hope this helps.

IN AWE

Reaction score
here is how i synced my moto droid gallery to picassa...just to be clear, i'm running the OTA 2.1 update. when i first opened gallery, picassa sync option didn't show up.
after reading this thread, seems a lot of ppl have suggested a factory reset (i didn't want to go thru the hassle of resetting, although i see its not as tedious as i thought it wud be).

so i synced my droid to picassa without factory resetting...here's how i went about it.

go to accounts & sync - then press the add account option in the bottom - then press google account - enter username and pssword - then the next screen will give u a picassa album sync option - just tap and voila u're synced!!!

this worked for me...would love to hear if it worked for others with the 2.1 OTA update from verizon.
Didn't work for me.