how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!

kmasum

Reaction score
how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread New Apps from 2.1

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage aqccounts
gmail.com
facebook
If I press on the gmail,com one it opens another menu with four options
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail

check mark picasa !! :icon_ banana:

works with unrooted droid 2.0.1

btw: those werent my ideas, i searched and found from this forum... some of those words i copy n paste it from other users..thanks!

jlukes

Reaction score
I have the gallery, but I don't have Picasa as a sync option (and yes i have a picasa web account)

SGTiger

Reaction score
I have the gallery, but I don't have Picasa as a sync option (and yes i have a picasa web account)

Have you clicked a photo in gallery and chose share to Picasa? Perhaps the sync option only shows up after initially uploading a photo?

Jer

Reaction score
There's plenty of discussion on this but I too don't have the option to sync Picasa under Settings->sync and have successfully uploaded several images to Picasa.

cisco0910

Reaction score
lol, you didn't specify if you've previously uploaded a pix via galllery to picasa as that was mentioned as the possible reason it wasn't showing up as a sync option. I have feeling you have though. put your life jacket on. ;)

SGTiger

Reaction score
I read another website that suggested uninstalling the flan gallery. Uploading a file to the Picasa website from the stock gallery. Then, reinstall the flan gallery. They "claimed" that the sync option appeared after that. However I'm doubtful, but it may be worth a try? You guys having trouble rebooted the phone lately?

GGPC

Reaction score
I just tried uninstalling the 2.1 Gallery and uploaded a pic to Picasa from the stock Gallery and then reinstalled the 2.1 Gallery. I still don't get an option to sync to Picassa. My main email account is a google premier app tied to my domain and not my regular gmail account. Could this make a difference? Any thoughts?

Jer

Reaction score
lol, you didn't specify if you've previously uploaded a pix via galllery to picasa as that was mentioned as the possible reason it wasn't showing up as a sync option. I have feeling you have though. put your life jacket on. ;)

orly?

There's plenty of discussion on this but I too don't have the option to sync Picasa under Settings->sync and have successfully uploaded several images to Picasa.

:icon_ banana:

Jer

Reaction score
I read another website that suggested uninstalling the flan gallery. Uploading a file to the Picasa website from the stock gallery. Then, reinstall the flan gallery. They "claimed" that the sync option appeared after that. However I'm doubtful, but it may be worth a try? You guys having trouble rebooted the phone lately?

I reboot a couple times a day (have to as I'm a heavy user who has to swap out batteries during the day) and still no dice.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I still dont have the option to sync picasa. When I open astro and open the gallery3dmt I am unable to uninstall it. What now. Im not doing a complete reset. Lets hope someone figures this out.

sdouglashceng

Reaction score
I think I know what the problem may be. All of us that don't have the sync option...is the main email account associated with the picasa account a non-gmail address? I'm guessing this will be the case. I'm going to create a new picasa account with my gmail address as the main address, and then see if the sync option to show up. Has anyone else tried this yet?