Installed 2.1, Still No Picasa In my Gallery

krazykarl

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. No picasa sync for me. I can upload to picasa but there's no sync option.

diverbelow

Reaction score
So I found out that N1 gallery-2.1.apk adds Picasa to the one's gmail account, see here: how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!, copied and paste:
how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread New Apps from 2.1

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage accounts
gmail.com
facebook
If I press on the gmail.com one it opens another menu with four options
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid 2.0.1

btw: those werent my ideas, i searched and found from this forum... some of those words i copy n paste it from other users..thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I tried to reinstall the N1 gallery app, but no such luck on my 2.1 Droid.

krazykarl

Reaction score
So I found out that N1 gallery-2.1.apk adds Picasa to the one's gmail account, see here: how to SYNC picasa ? THIS IS HOW!!, copied and paste:
how to sync picasa? this is how!!!!

download this "NEW MEDIA GALLERY" app from this thread New Apps from 2.1

and follow this instruction: When I look at accounts and sync settings I see two options under manage accounts
gmail.com
facebook
If I press on the gmail.com one it opens another menu with four options
Sync calendar
Sync picasa web albums
sync contacts
sync gmail

check mark picasa !!

works with unrooted droid 2.0.1

btw: those werent my ideas, i searched and found from this forum... some of those words i copy n paste it from other users..thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I tried to reinstall the N1 gallery app, but no such luck on my 2.1 Droid.

The problem everyone is having is the sync picasa web albums option doesn't show up on that menu.

krazykarl

Reaction score
Welp, I've chatted with motorola support and that was no help. The guy kept saying that I needed the new gallery app, and giving me links to the page that had the infamous "comming soon" update schedule. I told him no less that 5 times that I had the update, and the new gallery but no picasa sync option. So I posted a question on the support forum and have yet to receive a response.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/26403

Triper

Reaction score
Welp, I've chatted with motorola support and that was no help. The guy kept saying that I needed the new gallery app, and giving me links to the page that had the infamous "comming soon" update schedule. I told him no less that 5 times that I had the update, and the new gallery but no picasa sync option. So I posted a question on the support forum and have yet to receive a response.

I too installed the .zip version of the update.

I didn't have the option to sync and tried everything I could think of. The thing that finally got it to work, was resetting the phone back to factory defaults.

Worked like a charm then, the only downside is dealing with apps and settings :(

pilot25

Reaction score
Same here.

From researching, the sync option between phone and Picasa online is only available through Nexus One. We should let either Google or Cooliris know that the Droid now has 2.1 and give us that sync option as well.

I must have the option because I installed the Nexus Gallery that was ported over to the Droid. I had removed it before I installed the 2.1 update.

Flan gallery application now available for Android 2.0!:

However they think they are one inthe same in respect to 2.1 becasue I could not uninstall it or reinstall it. I just showed as installed.

Smitty258

Reaction score

I didn't have the option to sync and tried everything I could think of. The thing that finally got it to work, was resetting the phone back to factory defaults.

Worked like a charm then, the only downside is dealing with apps and settings :(

This just made me think of something.

Do you need to have a Picasa account set up on your account BEFORE you do your initial setup on the phone? Because I DID NOT have Picasa set up on my Gmail account when I did my initial setup on the phone, and I don't show the option. Is their a way to redo the primary gmail account setup without wiping out the phone?

OP
J

jlukes

Reaction score

This just made me think of something.

Do you need to have a Picasa account set up on your account BEFORE you do your initial setup on the phone? Because I DID NOT have Picasa set up on my Gmail account when I did my initial setup on the phone, and I don't show the option. Is their a way to redo the primary gmail account setup without wiping out the phone?

I had mine setup, still no luck

krazykarl

Reaction score

well i guess I always have that...but I think I'm going to wait it out a little bit...its alot of trouble to get everything back to how I like it for all my apps...

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I forgot about the Picasa Sync in Gallery until I saw this thread... I went into the account settings and sure enough the sync was not checked... as soon as I checked it it started syncing and everything is there (on the phone) now.

iPirate

Reaction score
Did you guys root? I didnt root and installed the update.zip and I have the option...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, I WAS rooted, but I'm waiting to get the official update ota. I manually installed 2.0.1 and rooted and did all of that good stuff, so I figure I can let it come when it does and apply itself, but i lived picasa sync, so I'm keeping an eye here...and I'll report on whether I get it with the 100% official update.

antyoo

Reaction score
i had this problem. the solution for me was to completely wipe the phone's memory and re enter my google info. the sync picasa option was there the first time i looked

krazykarl

Reaction score
I've never rooted and I'm having the problem. I guess I'll try the ol' factory reset...