Installed 2.1, Still No Picasa In my Gallery

Smitty258

Reaction score
i had this problem. the solution for me was to completely wipe the phone's memory and re enter my google info. the sync picasa option was there the first time i looked

I was hoping there was some way to avoid this. I'd hate to go through the trouble of setting everything on my phone back to the way I like it and finding all my apps again!

krazykarl

Reaction score
Looks like the factory reset worked for me....I wish there had been a better way to fix this though...

Smitty258

Reaction score
I did not have the picasa album either, but got it working now. I went to "accounts and sync" where i have two managed accounts, facebook and gmail. I clicked on the gmail account and it brought me to another screen where it gave the option of syncing contacts, gmail, calender and picasa web album. Clicked on picasa and not works.

The problem many of us are having is that the Picasa sync checkbox option isn't even there!

T

tavenger5

yeh, I don't have the picasa checkbox either. Still searching for a solution that doesn't involve resetting everything.

Reaction score
Here's my input, read the first page but not after so sorry if I duplicate.

I thought I did not have picasa sync. I do not have an option under settings.

However I now find that I do have it. I have 3 albums shared on Picasa all with generic names, family, dropbox, etc. and all are showing on the phone.

So I am syncing without any special options to click.

warrior21

Reaction score
I didn't have the option listed either but after I just did a factory reset it was there. Crappy way to get it but I had everything backed up on astro and it only took about 10 minutes to put all my apps back on.

Reaction score
To confirm my earlier post. I added a picture from my PC to one of my web PICASA albums and it shows up on my phone.

So there is no Sync option for Picasa, it just works with your web albums, assuming you are using the same account for Picasa and your phone of course.

ock913

Reaction score
I just updated tonight 04/01 and I also do not have the option to sync Picasa. I really dont want to do a complete rest to get it. Has anyone tried just removing the gmail account for the phone and then setting it back up?

warrior21

Reaction score
I just updated tonight 04/01 and I also do not have the option to sync Picasa. I really dont want to do a complete rest to get it. Has anyone tried just removing the gmail account for the phone and then setting it back up?
If you remove the gmail account it will reset the phone and you will have to start from scratch anyway.

IN AWE

Reaction score
Has anyone figured this out yet? Without factory reset? I do not have the option for sync Picasa nor does any albums show up in gallery.
Thanks, Jon

plongson

Reaction score
Any progress here? I got the official OTA, have and exsisting PICASA account, made albums both private and public, uploaded, downloaded, scratched my ass with my left hand...and NO syncing of PICASA...

No way I'm doing a full reset just to sync fuking Picasa...But it would be nice!

ock913

Reaction score
This issue really brought my ADD condition to the forefront. I dont even have any photos in Picasa yet but I wanted the damn thing to work. Since I had the day off today I figured I would bite the bullet and do a hard reset. Fearing it was going to be a major PITA, I set aside several hours for the project.
Well folks, I gotta tell ya, it was pretty darn painless. It took about 15 minutes and I am back up and running and my 1 picture in Picasa is no syncing with my phone. After the reset, I re-entered my google account info and my contacts, calendar, and even my installed apps all reloaded by themselves. I reset a few settings I had changed and all is good now.

ttocsm

Reaction score
I am also hoping someone will find a fix that wont involve a reset. Somebody??

Flash104

Reaction score
Reset to Sync Gallery to Picasa

I, too, did not have the sync option in settings for Picasa. However, I very quickly was able to do a factory reset which immeidately corrected the problem. also, a chance to redesign my seven screens. Did not take more than 30 minutes and I lost nothing that wasn't immediately available except old instant messages.

nickv84

Reaction score
I, too, did not have the sync option in settings for Picasa. However, I very quickly was able to do a factory reset which immeidately corrected the problem. also, a chance to redesign my seven screens. Did not take more than 30 minutes and I lost nothing that wasn't immediately available except old instant messages.

What about free apps (I know paid apps are tied to your google account)? Do they stay?