Picasa photos sync with Gallery

SGTiger

Reaction score
Okay I have a few questions from the experts. I have installed the flan version of Gallery.apk. I have enabled Picasa sync in the Droid sync settings. When I go into the gallery, my existing Picasa folders are now showing up in Gallery.

Here's where I am confused: I want to take pictures and have them automatically go into one of the Picasa folders in the Gallery so that the photos automatically sync back up to the Picasa website.

Instead, here is what I am having to do (hopefully because I don't know the proper way):

1) Pictures go into the Camera folder.
2) For this folder, I choose share and then Picasa. The photos then are uploaded to the Picasa website.
3) Sync then brings them back to my Droid into one of the Picasa folders inside Gallery.
4) Now I remove all the photos from the camera folder so I can keep track of what I have uploaded to Picasa and also to avoid the duplicates.

SURELY THERE'S A BETTER WAY? Why can my camera app not store the newly taken photos into the Picasa folder so they can be synced up without all this other nonsense?

Am I misunderstanding how to manage this? Is the Picasa sync only one way (from the cloud to the Droid)? I really want to use Picasa for this, and I want this syncing to occur without me having to manually upload my photos to the Picasa website. Please do not suggest other photo sharing websites as I am aware of those.

OP
SGTiger

SGTiger

Reaction score
Bump for the day time crowd. Anyone auto sync their photos with Picasa?

Jer

Reaction score
I'm not sure. I have the new 2.1 Multitouch gallery installed and am still trying to get an option to sync Picasa to show up. So, I guess I can't help since I'm even a few steps behind you but here's a free bump to hopefully find the info you're looking for. Good luck.

brochaos

Reaction score
i don't even know if/where those folders are stored on the phone. not sure how you would be able to get the pics in there.

Jer

Reaction score
i don't even know if/where those folders are stored on the phone. not sure how you would be able to get the pics in there.

I assume they just show up in the gallery when you are sync'd to your online Picasa account. You basically 'share' a picture from your phone with your Picasa account which uploads it to the online folder you choose. Then, if you're gallery is sync'd with your online Picasa account all of your folders from your Picasa account should just show up in your gallery like folders that are on your phone.