Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Your are not gonna believe this!!!

I just saw this on LevelUpstudio's(Beautiful Widgets) Twitter page posted 10 hours ago....

" HTC asks me to unpublish Beautiful Widgets until they review it... "

GEEZ, what jerks!!!

We need to start some sort of a campaign on HTC's Twitter page...

HTC (htc) on Twitter

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ What? How can HTC get away with this now? Beautiful Widgets doesn't look anything like their HTC widget now. And not to cause any trouble for anyone else but how is Weather Widget not on HTC's list? It's the same thing as Beautiful but with skins.... animations are there you just have to download an add on.

This is getting ridiculous.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just for fun I removed the HTC widgets from my wife's Eris and installed Beautiful Widgets instead :)

Guess what, Beautiful Widgets is actually faster then the HTC version and the animation is much better!!!

Also uninstalled all the new HTC widgets from the Market and gave them all "one Star" :)

Yeah, I know, not gonna hurt HTC in the least, but I liked how it felt :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just for fun I removed the HTC widgets from my wife's Eris and installed Beautiful Widgets instead :)

Guess what, Beautiful Widgets is actually faster then the HTC version and the animation is much better!!!

Also uninstalled all the new HTC widgets from the Market and gave them all "one Star" :)

Yeah, I know, not gonna hurt HTC in the least, but I liked how it felt :)

lol. Spite is a wonderful thing sometimes!

vastidious

Reaction score
I should clarify. I just updated from the marketplace. I still had the original design installed. I just backed it up and then did the upgrade. So now I'm running the new version.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't want to get flamed for this, but while I like both clocks, and the other controls / weather, to me it was redundant having the large clock when I can read the time on the notification bar, and on the lock screen if it has been off, etc. So I didn't get it.

But I think the developer has done a terrific job, on both versions! Well worth it if you are inclined to install it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Don't want to get flamed for this, but while I like both clocks, and the other controls / weather, to me it was redundant having the large clock when I can read the time on the notification bar, and on the lock screen if it has been off, etc. So I didn't get it.

But I think the developer has done a terrific job, on both versions! Well worth it if you are inclined to install it.

Some of us old folks like a clock we can read quickly without putting our glasses on :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And here I was going to comment that I just discovered that when you press the date on the new version the calendar comes up. Maybe it did in the old version. I dunno.

lauriep

Reaction score
This sucks that HTC is pushing him around. They just sealed the deal for me that I will NEVER purchase any of their products. I have a long memory...and a big mouth!

Murz

Reaction score
Dang... The day after I got my Droid I came to this site looking for the "must haves" in apps. The first thing I realized was that EVERYONE was using BW. Went to download it, and it had been removed 3 hours proir, lol. Fist time checking back today, see a post that BW is back up, go to downlaod it... guess what? Taken down again. Missed it by minutes both times... :icon_ owned:

mikespe

Reaction score
OK...before I check out the new version I backed up the original BW with Astro. If I don't like the new version of BW I can just revert back using the Astro backup I made right? I do like the flip clock but I want to see what the new version looks like on the phone before I make final judgment.

Thanks