Im a big fan of the new Beautiful Widget!!!

MrBaz

Reaction score
Your are not gonna believe this!!!

I just saw this on LevelUpstudio's(Beautiful Widgets) Twitter page posted 10 hours ago....

" HTC asks me to unpublish Beautiful Widgets until they review it... "

GEEZ, what jerks!!!

We need to start some sort of a campaign on HTC's Twitter page...

HTC (htc) on Twitter

I think you have a very good idea. We should all voice our opinions on their twitter page. Companies like this are driven solely on customer satisfaction.

All it takes is a decent amount of disgruntled users to tell htc that they think their business practice on this whole htc/beautiful widget is crap and that they promise to never buy an htc product. The nice thing about twitter is everyone else can see these posts and will wonder what is up with htc. All it takes is being the loudest squeeky wheel out there and they will HAVE to do something.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I spoke with the developer today. He is hopin gto have this back in the market ASAP. I also want it back up. I also agree that the people need to stand up and tell these companies no more

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
this is just a quick photoshop i did ... the developer should do something more of this style, if he doesn't i may try to find some time to edit the app resources myself.

More "droid" like....

grfxp_mod.jpg

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks great - just like the HTC widget he was forced to remove and if he puts this up same thing will happen.

this is just a quick photoshop i did ... the developer should do something more of this style, if he doesn't i may try to find some time to edit the app resources myself.

More "droid" like....

grfxp_mod.jpg

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
^ except it uses none of the HTC images... i dont care what HTC says to him using my mockup...they won't stand a chance if they wanted to take him to court.

eap369

Reaction score
help

i downloaded the old ver 2.36, but how do i make it work on my droid? i dropped it in the sd card but it just sits there. i uninstalled the old one, any instruction please....

Reaction score
go into a file manager (astro or whatever you have) go into backups/apps/ or wherever the apk for the old bw is stored, click on beautiful widgets then open app manager and hit install..

frodroid

Reaction score
it goes look much better with newest update. it has its own mojo now. thanks htc for the new look lol.

eap369

Reaction score
go into a file manager (astro or whatever you have) go into backups/apps/ or wherever the apk for the old bw is stored, click on beautiful widgets then open app manager and hit install..

thats the thing, i cant get it into the backup/apps i just dropped it on the main home sd, thanks for helping

shademar

Reaction score
If you select an application file in Astro, no matter if it's not in the backup directory, it'll pup up a menu asking what you want to do with it. Hit open app manager, install (you'll need to change the permissions on your phone to do so) and there you go. Won't ever update in the market tho.

(suggests tipping the dev has it not been done =) )

zerodamage

Reaction score
When I first bought my Droid, I had to use my @gmail.com email because my Google Apps based email would not work. After the 2.0.1 update, it works just fine. Because of this, I redid my phone yesterday with my Google Apps based email address. When I went to reinstall Beautiful Widgets and possibly even pay for it again, it was no longer available. My phone is not rooted. Is there a way for me to download it and reinstall it manually or do I need to root my Droid first?

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I first bought my Droid, I had to use my @gmail.com email because my Google Apps based email would not work. After the 2.0.1 update, it works just fine. Because of this, I redid my phone yesterday with my Google Apps based email address. When I went to reinstall Beautiful Widgets and possibly even pay for it again, it was no longer available. My phone is not rooted. Is there a way for me to download it and reinstall it manually or do I need to root my Droid first?

Beautiful Widgets is out of the market for now. Thanks to HTC (C&D) :mad:. The developer has changed the look and forwarded this to HTC. They are reviewing it (as I understand it) . Once he gets the OK it will be back in the market. I also am waiting on this patiently. Until then I backed up the old version so I am using it agan :icon_ devil: