ideas for android app

nibblit

Reaction score
QR reader that emulates "quiQR" for iPods/iPhones. No Android QR reader is adequate.

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Do any of you know of a way to see the UI for your app when your developing in eclipse classic on windows

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
im not a dev or a pro at this but i am interested in developing an app. so i dont know if this will work with your version of eclipse or what your running?? but this is what i know or what ive read to be more correct.

umm i dont know if this will help?you could use the emulator. but first you need to configure an android virtual device (avd). the AVD profile describes the type of device you want the emulator to simulate. including witch android platform to support. and what size, different screems, orientatrions and even a sd card.

1. launch the android SDK and AVD manager from within eclipse by clicking on the little greem android icon with the arrow on the toolbar. ou can also launch the manager by selecting window, android sdk and avd manager in eclipse.
2. click the virtual devices menu item on the left menu. the configured avd's will be displayed as a list.
3. click the new button to create a new avd.
4. choose a name for the avd.
5. choose a build target. for example, to support android 2.1, choose the item build target called android2.1-apilevel 7 from the drop down.
6. choose an sd card capacity, in either kibibytes or mibibytes. choose something reasonable like 1024MiB or less. (for sorage reasons on you machine)
7. choose a skin. this options controls the diff. visual looks of the emulator. ( go with the default HVGA screen?)
8. click the creat AVD button and wait for the operation to complete. (it will take a few)
9. click finish.

your almost reayd to launch your application.

creating debug and run configuration in eclipse
1. in eclipse, choose run, debug configurations
2. double-click the android application iten to creat a new entry.
3. choose that new entry, called new_configuration. (or what ever your calling it?)
4. change the nameof the entry to droiddebug.
5. choose your project by clicking the browse button.
6. on the target tab, check the box next to the AVD you created.
7. apply your changes by clicking the apply button.

your almost there next up is?

launching android applications using the emulator.

after you click the debug button, the emulator screen will launch. theis can take some time, so be patient. you may need to click the menu button on the emulator when you come to the locked screen view.

well now the eclipse debugger is atteched, and your application runs.

as you can see im not an expert i hope this helps if not ??

bob

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
An app that if you put your phone screen down silences your phone. One that works right. I've tried the 2 I found on the market. One works only sometimes, the other starts working about half way into the sound, not cool in times you need your phone to be silent in hurry or don't want to have to remember to set it on/off

Support Our Troops!! UltraKeyboarded from a wifi monolith.

nibblit

Reaction score
An app that if you put your phone screen down silences your phone. One that works right. I've tried the 2 I found on the market. One works only sometimes, the other starts working about half way into the sound, not cool in times you need your phone to be silent in hurry or don't want to have to remember to set it on/off

I had the same problem you describe. AudioManager has worked for me. If you're interested, it's available at the Android Market.
attachment.php

102476-ideas-android-app-2.html
QR codes for AudioManager and AudioManagerPro. I hope it works out for you. :)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got one of those called Volume but thanks.
What I meant was one that reads the screen is turned face down and turns everything to silent and when lifted back up reverts to where it was. I'm currently using Flip2Silent because it's the closest to working right I've found
Edit ; just found one called flipsilent. Exactly what I was looking for

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Prealpha 1

Ok I have made a pre alpha version of the app but am gonna give it out to testers this is my 1st app so all it can do so far is maybe open camera and has text heres the link to download Test app-PA 1.apk

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Ok for some reason that link doesnrlt work so ill put it on megaupload

OP
ben96

ben96

Reaction score
Just use mediafire if you are downloading it straight on your phone and it turns to a. Txt file go into file manager and change the file type to .apk. the pre alpha and alpha releases will be available to public but beta will only be available for beta testers when its released.

info

Reaction score
The iphone has a really cool app callled maximum injury

[email protected]

Reaction score
I would like an app that let's me control the phone from my wired headset pushbutton. I'd like to be able to answer a call with a one second push, hang up on a call with a one second push, both without having to unlock the phone or touch the screen at all. Also, if there is no call in progress, be able to bring up the voice command with a one second push. For this last one, I'd be willing to drive with my lock/unlock in the unlocked position.

Burt