anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Droiderous

Reaction score
Widget Idea!

I was thinking a widget that would give you the ability to have multiple widgets open that you could shuffle easily through. I'm going to try and explain the mess in my head so its a little more clear. Lets say you have widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Weather Channel, Clock, and Jorte. Normally you would have to have space on several screens dedicated to each one of those widgets. I think a SuperWidg that would allow for all those widgets to be added to and then shuffled so you could easily view the information wanted without taking mucho screen space on multiple screens would be fantastic. Although I'm a total idiot when it comes to programing and developing so I'm not even sure if this is possible. I wouldn't even have been able to Root and theme my Droid X without the help of everyone on this forum! If you do develop something like this let me know. I'll buy it!

dancedroid

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I would like a widget that will turn off & on email & I'M notifications, so that I would not have to do each individually (I have 6 email accounts) & need to turn the on & off for meetings, traveling, sleeping & when I work @ my desk.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

bearfromobx

Reaction score
I'd love to see...

... data entry method similar to Graffiti from the old Palm handhelds where you form the letters on a touch screen to enter the info (one square on left is for letters and one on the right for numbers and punctuation). Once you leared a couple of special characters, entry was very fast.

... a "post-it" style note program similar to the one on the Droid 2 Global, but with the ability to create more than one sheet and to place anywhere on screens (even if the visible part is just a tab which opens the text sheet with a title on the tab).

Private message me if you are considering either of these and I might be able to sell them to my company for some quick cash!

rustydogg

Reaction score
Don't know if the OP is paying attention to this thread or if its already available. I've been looking for a scrollable picture app. One were you can choose a folder in the gallery and then you would have the ability to scroll through the pics from a widget.
HTC sense has this but I have not seen any apps that do this.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

bearfromobx

Reaction score
Maybe I'm old school on security, but...

... there's no way I'd load software designed to pass from hardware to hardware; too many malicious code segments which could be attached without warning and users would expect the code to be there, so they would be unlikely to decline it. Too many risks for this Droid! :motdroidhoriz:

Bear

Actually. I wanna see an app that plays like an infection. Called infection anyone who dls the app is considered a human. It will run on all droids... once a day one person becomes infected. When you have the app it will update and people close by will become infected and anyone else close by is infected.at the end of the day it will reset but also show the ratio of. How fast the infection spread. You can be infected by anyone. As long as they have dled the app and its running. Idk what do you guys think

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

WylkenWylder

Reaction score
Dude. Its not going to attach itself to a droid that didnt dl the app. And all it does is when you check it itll tell you if you have been infected or not. Thats all. But if your so scared about malicious programing then dont dl anything that isnt found in the android market then.

... there's no way I'd load software designed to pass from hardware to hardware; too many malicious code segments which could be attached without warning and users would expect the code to be there, so they would be unlikely to decline it. Too many risks for this Droid! :motdroidhoriz:

Bear

WylkenWylder

Reaction score
But another one is just a live wallpaper. I wanna see tracer rounds and missiles hitting bombers. And you tap on a plane and the bullets start going at it and hitting it till it drops.
I dont want much. But something along those lines would be cool. I know many live wallpapers out in the market are pro sports and flags and there are only a handful that have war themed ones that do that. But id like to see a live wallpaper like that. Sorta like a night bombing raid and all that.

WendyQ

Reaction score
Play WMA files!

Please, please, please -- an app that will enable Droid to play WMA files. I download free audiobooks from my library, and there are many more in WMA format than mp3. Conversion to mp3 is impossible because of DRM issues.

tom9090

Reaction score
can any body point me in the right direction?? my goal: gain the ability to "print-screen" or capture what's shown on my Incredible, and re-map my Search (hardware) button to the print-screen function. so basically, my Search button will make a snap-shot sound, and it will save my currently viewed screen to a local directory, preferably /mnt/sdcard/screens

so is there any application that does something close to this? if not; can you point me in the right direction of being able to develop this application myself?

any and all help will be greatly appreciated, me droidies!!!! :)

LaxzBro

Reaction score
can any body point me in the right direction?? my goal: gain the ability to "print-screen" or capture what's shown on my Incredible, and re-map my Search (hardware) button to the print-screen function. so basically, my Search button will make a snap-shot sound, and it will save my currently viewed screen to a local directory, preferably /mnt/sdcard/screens

so is there any application that does something close to this? if not; can you point me in the right direction of being able to develop this application myself?

any and all help will be greatly appreciated, me droidies!!!! :)

If you're rooted, ShootMe has you shake your phone to take a screenshot

Lax bro, closet geek

Natey2

Reaction score
... i am drawing a blank trying to think of other good ideas of what to make.

so if anybody has any ideas, i'd like to hear them.

How about a simple app to do a diff/merge between 2 text files/directories?

Couldn't find one in the market.

Natey2

Reaction score
If you're rooted, ShootMe has you shake your phone to take a screenshot

Why does one have to be rooted to run apps that take screenshots?

mustangsally

Reaction score
YES,YES!!! I bought this phone so I could ply yahooooo euchre, need JAVA!!! Only yahoo euchre will do. Hope you can help!