anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

ddawn1989

Reaction score
an app for android for local police reports that dont make it to the newspaper or tv!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Reaction score
How about a Widget (1x1 would be awesome, but 2x2 would work) that you could just touch and drag in one of four directions (up, down, left, right) and it would open an app depending on the direction? There are gesture apps out there but they only really do speed dials/texts/search (e.g. Sign, Gesture Search), and they open as a separate app. This would just open the app you have set immediately straight from your home screen (kind of like ADW's Gesture Feature, but I am not using ADW).

Just saw this. We are currently working on making Sign work to open apps/shortcuts so you will be able to assign any gesture (unlimited) to an app or shortcut and open it by drawing the Sign.

chewy74

Reaction score
What about a Google voice app thats offers more customization. The current app doesn't refresh enough and sometimes I won't get txt or vm notifications until 3 hrs later. The native gv app just doesn't work...

There's no other gv apps to choose from. So it would be nice to get a few gv apps out there to choose from

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Blayzn

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but it would be incredibly useful to people like me that are visually impaired. How about an on-screen magnifier? There are many apps that I can't use (like Facebook, Gmail, and many other apps that use text). I have tried to find something like that ever since I got my Droid over a year ago, but with no luck. I would even pay for an app like that.

jasno

Reaction score
Okay I'm going to give you my idea that I think could make a killing. I don't know how to make it so here it goes. I don't know if you remember the old school calculator gaming handheld devices that kids used to have in the 90's. Mine had an NBA logo on it and you could play stupid little games and do calculations etc... One of the features was it allowed you to send messages to another device I guess through infra red I dunno... but we would use to cheat on tests. I think it would be cool to design and app that people could have turned on at the bar lets say, that would allow someone to send a flirt message accross the bar without knowing your number. Obviously both people would need the app turned on but I think it would be kinda cool. "Buy you drink?" There is an app I'm sure you've heard of called bump that I think uses similar technology. Also an FLV DLNA player I posted a thread about that up top.

Last edited:

jasno

Reaction score
also...

A truley universal remote would be sick the ones out there suck. I have the fios remote which is cool but I can't turn off my tv with it.

How bout an app that allows you to stream your itunes library or windows media player or whatever over 3g and 4g to your phone. There is an app right now called phone my pc I think its amazing its a simple dl and play remote desktop app but it doesn't support sound. You can just email yourself a song but I want to save room on my phone and I'd much rather just stream the songs. They say they are working on sound, but if you could design an app with no copyright restrictions like the current wifi itunes streaming apps that works over 3g and 4g that would be sick!

Also an app or pluggin that allows you to fast forward videos when you have them in full screen mode I was able to do that on my motorola droid but I can't on my tbolt. Maybe use the volume buttons to fast forward and rewind cus using the touch screen to move forward and backwards is annoying and causes pop ups on certain sites. If there is an app for this already somebody please let me know thanks.

Last edited:

jasno

Reaction score
Moai FLV Player

I have an idea about the best app for android
The biggest problem for me is that i cant play flash videos
So why nobody makes a player that plays .flv files after it grabs them from the browser
Like VLC player for computer, only it doesnt grab them.

Moai FLV Player will play them I just wish it could stream to DLNA TVs....

Last edited:

Hobn

Reaction score
Java emulator?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kingsman

Reaction score
Please give us a Memo app like what I had in my Palms. And a "Contacts" function that searches favorites too.

chap151

Reaction score
I am looking to supervise the design of an app for Millwork professionals. Doors and windows etc.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kconnell05

Reaction score
I believe I have a great ideas for an application. However i am not the greatest with technology. My idea is that even when I set my phone to silent I can still have certain numbers be able to get through. I thought of this idea when my father was having health concerns. I was at work at a meeting and my phone (obviously had to be) on silent and I missed a phone call. I feel like this application could also be good for parents late at night. Have their kids set and maybe some other emergency numbers but not everyone will get the ring that would wake them up. I also would like it because I like to go out a lot and sometimes when I don't go out my friends are always drunk dialing and waking me up but I also have to go pick up the GF from work at non-exact times so she usually calls me. I would like to further talk to you about this idea.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Better Phone control for calls...

As I had mentioned earlier, I think better phone control is important and also a major safety feature, especially while using the phone while driving.

I would like to be able to control the phone from a wired headset by simply pushing the button on the wired headset. This is usually a switch to ground on the mic lead, sometimes through a resistor to determine the function. I do not use Blue Tooth, but I understand there is a similar issue with Blue Tooth functionality. It would be nice to be able to answer the phone by a one second push of the button, hang up the phone by a one second push of the button if a call is in progress, switch calls by a one second push of the button if another call is coming in, and be able to toggle between two incoming calls by a one second push of the button in the case of two calls. If no call is in progress, a one second push of the button should bring up the "Voice Command" so you could say who you want to call. The reason I suggest a one second push of the button is to reduce the likelyhood of an accidental bump of the button causing a function to happen.

I know there are people that use this momentary grounding of the mic lead to function the music play list. I think the button's function should be user selectable in the setup menu because for some of us, the phone is a higher priority item.