anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by jasonb, Mar 31, 2010.

1. seidhe

seidhe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Organize your android

I love the user friendly/ease of use that the blackberry provides. Too bad their phones don't hold up. I now have a droid2 and would like to be able to organize the app screen. ie put apps I don't use in a seperate folder so they don't clutter the screen.

I also HATE the swipe feature. Anyone who uses their phones in a fast pace environment know how to use and love the T9 abilities on other phones, but that's not currently available on the droids.

And last, I Hate Bing, but love the older version of the Live Search app that could be downloaded onto most phones including the blackberry. It was easy to use, could save your location, and as others have described aptly, would do Exactly what the user wanted it to do.

I am not of the highest "Tech Savvy" people, I just want a phone that does what I need it to. My opinions on what works and what's good are just that...My Opinions. These are just the things I would like to see...and Soon.

Seidhe

2. johnnyb15613

johnnyb15613 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    I have two requests.
    1. A spades and hearts (card games) apps that can be played by four players in real-time
    2. An app that can turn your phone into a universal TV remote

3. WKM

WKM New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bluetooth enabled Voice Recorder

Yes I do. I am a retired Kodak IBM'er who is now driving motorcoach and need the ability to just press the bluetooth button on my Plantronics and/or Parrot Bluetooth headset to do a simple voice record of the mileage when I cross state lines. At the present time we have to either write it down manually or reach and get a voice recorder. Have not been able to find any that works very well. Voice2do app is the best but still not quite simple. thx 4 Ur consider:icon_eek: and good luck on all endeavor's

4. insidiouseg6

insidiouseg6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like if there was a app to track a car as if it were stolen using some kind of small device that can be hidden in the car that the person can buy, then use the app to locate where the car is. I'd pay for the app and know a bunch of Honda car enthusiasts that would aswell.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. marius

marius New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an idea about the best app for android
    The biggest problem for me is that i cant play flash videos
    So why nobody makes a player that plays .flv files after it grabs them from the browser
    Like VLC player for computer, only it doesnt grab them.

6. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    VLC is supposed to be releasing an app in the next few weeks according to "news" floating around the blogs

7. nagmier

nagmier Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This isn't going to happen without hardware adaptations... TVs work on IR signals and I don't know of any phones that have IR tranceivers

on a side note if you have a GoogleTV there are apps available to download from the market (Best part of my logitech revue is that any android device is a remote

8. stumbleflyx

stumbleflyx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A paizo app for pathfinder rpg would sell

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. WylkenWylder

WylkenWylder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree... better apps for roleplayers. I mean im sick of this crap with peoples excuses over the android market is still in infancy. Its an excuse and isn't fixing the problem. Noww the apple store has a crud load of std filed apps and the ipad has a starter kit for dnd. Yet here we have crappy dice rollers. Dice rollers! Im sick of dice rollers. I want apps that have pathfinder skill lists. An app that has everything and not just the same crap that I can find online. If im gaming I want to have two clicks and end the argument. Not click. Search on browser. Click and search on browser. Seriously. There is a page dedicated to rtf files from wizards. Yet I have to dl an app here just to read the fricken thing. Even then quick office sucks. It doesn't support rtf files. Which is a bigger disappointment. Seriously. Its been a year. Where are the bad a$$ apps? No. Instead we have excuses over... well there are different droid phones and we can't seem to get organized to optimize for each one because we want to blah blah.
    Screw off with that crap. Why not set the market to specialize the daaamn thing for each of them. A droid x market a crackberry droid market. C'mon people. With all the different droids out there why not have different markets for each. Tha way developers can actually work on seperate apps so we can finally kick some apple a$$!!!

10. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You're correct.
    There should be better Android apps out by now. Although I am enjoying several apps, games and others. But some are weak.

I do think that if they do have to take the time and expertise to make them for various Android phones, and it actually takes them time, then we need to support them in whatever way is best for THEM. Whether its with the ads, paid for, encouragement and compliments (in the comments section of the market is a good place) or whatever so we can have quality aps.
    Then hopefully, they will support and do what is best for US.

Back to On Topic.
    I'm not sure what other apps I would want. There are a few that are mentioned here that are worthwhile to look into and I hope developer take the time to see what we would like too.

11. studiesinsound

studiesinsound New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I would love to see a simple app that allows you to send audio from 1 app to another
    Similar to an app called Jack which I have used on a mac computer
    I think this would really elevate the droid to as a music making powerhouse and attract more revs to write more audio apps for the platform

12. UncleMike

UncleMike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an idea for what I think is a simple app for phones with front facing cameras. How can I run it by someone?

Sent from an Evo 4g

Search tags for this page
android apps need to be made
android apps that need to be made
android apps that should be made
app ideas that have not been made
apps need invented
apps that need to be invented

apps that need to be made

apps that should be made
apps wanted to be made
what apps need to be made