anybody have any ideas on what kind of apps they want made?

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by jasonb, Mar 31, 2010.

1. LaxzBro

LaxzBro Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An app to customize led notifications
    You're welcome

Lax bro, closet geek

2. DJTURNz

DJTURNz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think an app quite like this exists. I'm not even sure if it's possible.

I would like a Power Save Mode app. To maximize my usage of my phone, I have all of my email and news widgets and everything updating fairly often. I run my phone at full bore because I am usually near my charger at work, and at home.

There have been times when I am out at a friend's house or just out away from my charger. And I get the dreaded low battery sound coming from my pocket. I know that I won't be home for another hour or two. It would be nice to be able to have a widget on my screen or something that would shut down non-essential functions. Like a barebones power save mode.

Like no email, no weather widget, no twitter, no TEXTs From Last Night and any other thing that can suck down the battery when it's in my pocket.

Just able to receive phone calls and texts. Maybe let the app see what is installed that can use battery when the phone is idle, and allow the user to choose what gets disabled when in power mode.

3. biwa@att.net

biwa@att.net New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a lot of neat apps out there, but I can't seem to find the one I need most. Many of us use our phones while driving. I have a new Droid X, and for the life of me I can't find anything about controlling it from a headset. Here's what I'd like to see:

1. Push a button on the headset cable for one second to answer the phone. Push it again for one second to diconnect from a call.

2. When not in a call, pushing the button for one second brings up the "Voice Command" feature. If you go into a call from voice command, pushing the button again for one second disconnects from that call.

The reason I like a one second push, is that it reduces the likelyhood of an accidental push doing some unintended function.

That sounds like a simple request. In California we're required to have a hands free phone in order to use it while driving. As far as I've been able to determine the Droid X does not meet the requirements. Having to take your eyes off the road to look at the phone and then go into it one or two menu levels to operate the basics of the phone is not safe.

My Blackberry had a "Convenience Button" that I could program to do one af a bunch of possibilities. I programmed mine to bring up BB's version of Voice Command. That's the one thing I really miss.

Well, I also miss being able to find a wired headset/mic with a headband for over the top of the head and a plug that will work with my Droid. I'm not a Blue-Tooth fan and walking around with a spore from outer space stuck on my ear is not my thing.

Burt in Los Angeles

#159 biwa@att.net, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. Firewing

Firewing Member

in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like an app that takes all known tasker (the app) profiles and makes them available for quick import into tasker...I am not so good at making my own profiles, but can use the imports and would love to have an app that made it nice and easy...
    Cara

Sent from where the mountains meet the desert

5. Snare

Snare Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The fireplace mood setter app from the captain Morgan commercial.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

6. kingsman

kingsman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please give us a decent Memo app. Like we had on the old Palms. Numbered entries, with the ability to move entries up and down the number list. Real texting in the memos.

7. bpiach

bpiach New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is an app that will automatically send a text message to a predetermined number when you arrive at a destination? I have kids that never remember to text me when they have arrived somewhere. Would be great if this could be done automatically...

8. WylkenWylder

WylkenWylder New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually. I wanna see an app that plays like an infection. Called infection anyone who dls the app is considered a human. It will run on all droids... once a day one person becomes infected. When you have the app it will update and people close by will become infected and anyone else close by is infected.at the end of the day it will reset but also show the ratio of. How fast the infection spread. You can be infected by anyone. As long as they have dled the app and its running. Idk what do you guys think

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. qkpony

qkpony Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That actually sounds fun.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. Droiderous

Droiderous New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Widget Idea!

I was thinking a widget that would give you the ability to have multiple widgets open that you could shuffle easily through. I'm going to try and explain the mess in my head so its a little more clear. Lets say you have widgets for Facebook, Twitter, Weather Channel, Clock, and Jorte. Normally you would have to have space on several screens dedicated to each one of those widgets. I think a SuperWidg that would allow for all those widgets to be added to and then shuffled so you could easily view the information wanted without taking mucho screen space on multiple screens would be fantastic. Although I'm a total idiot when it comes to programing and developing so I'm not even sure if this is possible. I wouldn't even have been able to Root and theme my Droid X without the help of everyone on this forum! If you do develop something like this let me know. I'll buy it!

dancedroid

11. ypsichick

ypsichick Member

Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like a widget that will turn off & on email & I'M notifications, so that I would not have to do each individually (I have 6 email accounts) & need to turn the on & off for meetings, traveling, sleeping & when I work @ my desk.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. bearfromobx

bearfromobx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd love to see...

... data entry method similar to Graffiti from the old Palm handhelds where you form the letters on a touch screen to enter the info (one square on left is for letters and one on the right for numbers and punctuation). Once you leared a couple of special characters, entry was very fast.

... a "post-it" style note program similar to the one on the Droid 2 Global, but with the ability to create more than one sheet and to place anywhere on screens (even if the visible part is just a tab which opens the text sheet with a title on the tab).

Private message me if you are considering either of these and I might be able to sell them to my company for some quick cash!

Search tags for this page
android apps need to be made
android apps that need to be made
android apps that should be made
app ideas that have not been made
apps need invented
apps that need to be invented

apps that need to be made

apps that should be made
apps wanted to be made
what apps need to be made