ICS this week?

Reaction score
Do what you want. All I posted was an FYI and nothing more. Take it how you want to.

I wasn't trying to disrespect you. But, we all know that it is what it is! It is plastered all over every Droid forum, "I got the soak invite"......And as soon as the soak is pushed, it will be posted all over the web for everyone to download and install. So, I'll either get it pushed to my phone, or I'll download it an hour later and will enjoy some very tasty ICS! LOL

Reaction score
Is there any chance the soak will be sent out tomorrow? ?

Very doubtful.......keep an eye on Verizon's website.......They will post...Update coming soon, describe the update, then the soak will begin soon after. Sometimes before though. Just know, we will all get it very soon (official OTA).........next week.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
i called verizon and as of right now there is no release date for the ics update to be sent to our razrs. there not even sure of the month yet:(

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

Reaction score
i called verizon and as of right now there is no release date for the ics update to be sent to our razrs. there not even sure of the month yet:(

Sent from my BLACK DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. Prepare to be impressified!!!!

Those idiots don't know anything! Watch and see. It's coming next week.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You guys are aware that discussing anything about the soak test, including talk of receiving e-mails and taking surveys can get you booted out of the soak test. MFN members are everywhere and some do report when they see people breaking the confidentiality agreement.

Just sayin'

Get booted and what? Wait an extra 3-4 days for the official OTA? Or download the soak update immediately? We all know how this works. People will always kiss and tell....After waiting this long for ICS, people ae excited and can't keep still (me included).

I'm sure you are right regarding the soak invite itself, but does the survey hold the same confidentiality agreement? I wouldn't know, seeing as how I didn't get it. My understanding was the survey is only for determining who is eligible and who is willing to participate in the soak.

Do what you want. All I posted was an FYI and nothing more. Take it how you want to.

I wasn't trying to disrespect you. But, we all know that it is what it is! It is plastered all over every Droid forum, "I got the soak invite"......And as soon as the soak is pushed, it will be posted all over the web for everyone to download and install. So, I'll either get it pushed to my phone, or I'll download it an hour later and will enjoy some very tasty ICS! LOL

I will revisit this and say that there is the very real possibility (dare I say probability) that Garemlin is 100% correct. The actual confidentiality agreement was "agreed to" when you sign up for the MFN "
Being signed up for MFN is the only way to get to be in a soak or other testing."
, and given that you DO agree to the confidentiality then, it probably covers the surveys that "may" have gone out late this afternoon.

So I will recant my earlier question of whether the survey was included in the confidentiality agreement and instead stand beside Garemlin by saying that ANY discussion of the items mentioned above in Garemlin's post will put you at risk of being either passed up for selection, or once selected can cause you to be de-selected from the soak group. Furthermore, even if you do get through this "alleged" impending soak test, if they find you had discussed it prior, during or after, you also stand the risk of not being selected for any future soak tests.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I understand. But there are some people who are so excited they just blurt it out without realizing the possible consequences. It isn't just being bumped out of a possible current test. It is more than likely not being considered for future ones as well. Some people enjoy getting to try out new versions of the OS before anyone else. Just would hate to see them get axed because they didn't realize they were violating the confidentiality agreement by discussing anything about it.

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
I will revisit this and say that there is the very real possibility (dare I say probability) that Garemlin is 100% correct. The actual confidentiality agreement was "agreed to" when you sign up for the MFN "Being signed up for MFN is the only way to get to be in a soak or other testing.", and given that you DO agree to the confidentiality then, it probably covers the surveys that "may" have gone out late this afternoon.

So I will recant my earlier question of whether the survey was included in the confidentiality agreement and instead stand beside Garemlin by saying that ANY discussion of the items mentioned above in Garemlin's post will put you at risk of being either passed up for selection, or once selected can cause you to be de-selected from the soak group. Furthermore, even if you do get through this "alleged" impending soak test, if they find you had discussed it prior, during or after, you also stand the risk of not being selected for any future soak tests.

Having joined MFN & participated in prior soak test I can firm that not only does it tell you not to talk about it when you join but the emails they send you also state not to talk about it. All discussion about soak test is to be limited to the private forum.

It's a simple request that you agree to & if you don't want to abide by it then why sign up, as mentioned you can get the same build on you own if that's all you're after. If you want to actually provide helpful input that the soak test is meant for then fallow their rules you agreed to.

1339708296469.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Love the QR! :p

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
how would they find out who you are on different forums in the first place? lets say i was involved with the soak test and talked about it on the forum. how would they find out which soak tester i was if i didnt disclose any personal info in the post violating there soak agreement

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
and how does one become involved in the soak test

donnie5336

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:
how would they find out who you are on different forums in the first place? lets say i was involved with the soak test and talked about it on the forum. how would they find out which soak tester i was if i didnt disclose any personal info in the post violating there soak agreement

Because your name is Eddie Keyton... lol... im just pickin' man.... I was thinking the same thing as you.

sjason73

Reaction score
I received a new firmware update for my PRIME tablet and I just noticed that they have added face recognition
unlock. Kinda a. Kind of a cool feature. Practical.....NO. Still cool. I don't know if this is per ICS or ASUS but will be looking for differences
when my RAZR goes ICS.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

If you happen to use the same user name on other forums as you do on the MFN. Not too hard to trace back. And anyone that takes the time to hide their identity just to be able to leak information isn't taking it seriously in the first place. Soak test are in place to make sure the software is stable for the masses. It isn't just about getting it first.

C2Cab95

Reaction score
eddiekeyton said:

My guess is that MFN assumes most people use the same login name on multiple forums. I am C2Cab95 on all of the forums I frequent for example.

C2Cab95

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
If you happen to use the same user name on other forums as you do on the MFN. Not too hard to trace back. And anyone that takes the time to hide their identity just to be able to leak information isn't taking it seriously in the first place. Soak test are in place to make sure the software is stable for the masses. It isn't just about getting it first.

Great minds think alike!