ICS this week?

Hail

Reaction score
Jxpinc said:
Remember the good ole days when we were fighting against Verizon and Motorola.

Dog gone right!!!!

Straight off my hip from the Maxx

donnie5336

Reaction score
Droid101 said:
Soak test emails are going out with a push on the 22nd and a push to the public on the 27th if all goes well.
Is It Ice Cream Sandwich Update Time for the RAZR and RAZR MAXX? Motorola Sends Out Invites For Testers (Updated) – Droid Life

Does anybody know where that "tip" came from on the release dates? Droid-life is the only place I've seen it and I usually read these type of things here first. It makes sense though. The text people were receiving last Friday would roughly be a 7-10 day notice, depending on whether you are in the soak or getting the official OTA.

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Wow! People you promised to keep quiet about the soak test and only post on the official Motorola forums. Smh.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Does anybody know where that "tip" came from on the release dates? Droid-life is the only place I've seen it and I usually read these type of things here first. It makes sense though. The text people were receiving last Friday would roughly be a 7-10 day notice, depending on whether you are in the soak or getting the official OTA.

tip = assumption = guess

Prolly just a number someone pulled out of their head. Or maybe someone took the timeframe of past soak tests and OTA's and put it in to this equation.

donnie5336

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
tip = assumption = guess

Prolly just a number someone pulled out of their head. Or maybe someone took the timeframe of past soak tests and OTA's and put it in to this equation.

That's about what I figured. I did, however, read a post on another forum from someone who "says" they work for VZW claiming that Verizon is having a "Go To Market" meeting with employees at 8pm tomorrow (June 21st) regarding Razr and ICS. hmmm...

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That's about what I figured. I did, however, read a post on another forum from someone who "says" they work for VZW claiming that Verizon is having a "Go To Market" meeting with employees at 8pm tomorrow (June 21st) regarding Razr and ICS. hmmm...

Since a soak test has been announced, which means the general release will be rather soon, it would make sense for Verizon to start getting their employees ready for people who start coming in with questions about the update.

Caesars

Reaction score
How do we know soak tests were announced? Did someone get an official email saying "soak test on X day" or are people just speculating from poorly written articles again?

devdeuce

Reaction score
Caesars said:
How do we know soak tests were announced? Did someone get an official email saying "soak test on X day" or are people just speculating from poorly written articles again?

Read the thread you are posting to

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
I tried to go back to stock from the 211 leak and now I am bricked.... I can get it to the moto screen and then I get nothing else....

:angry:

Caesars

Reaction score
Kk I'll read again, maybe I missed an actual screen shot, I only saw people saying they read an article but I probably just missed it. Thanks for the advice, rereading now!

Caesars

Reaction score
Read the thread you are posting to

Kk I'll read again, maybe I missed an actual screen shot, I only saw people saying they read an article but I probably just missed it. Thanks for the advice, rereading now!

Hrmmm, I re read it but was only able to find a link to droid life (which isn't very reliable at all). O well thanks for the tip mate :)

devdeuce

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Hrmmm, I re read it but was only able to find a link to droid life (which isn't very reliable at all). O well thanks for the tip mate :)

I read it and it seems many are saying they received invites to participate in a soak test. Cheers

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Many users have received emails about the soak test. Start at page 5 and then work your way forward. :biggrin:

ICS COMING!??!?! Just got this on email!!!! WOOOOOO

That last quote was from the survey link!!! WOOOOOO

Me too

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I just got the email too... unfortunately I'm stuck on .211 and can't participate.

Maybe the soak is .211 since there haven't been any leaks lately?

Got my link to the survey for soak :)

Not gonna say if I got the invite or not (but I'm smiling really big while typing this). I can hear Brian Griffin singing "It's peanut butter jelly time" !!! LOL :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I got an email as well. Did the survey. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Last edited:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction to try to get my Maxx operable again?? PLEASE!
What did you use to root your phone in the first place and is .211 fastbootable. If .211 is not fastbootable then we have a whole different problem. Assuming .211 is fastbootable do this: If you are soft bricked I recommend you use option one in the utility to return to .181. You will have to put your phone in AP Fastboot first. To do that hold down the power, volume up and down keys until it boots into a black screen with white lettering. Using the down volume key scroll down to AP Fastboot. Select AP Fastboot and then connect your phone to your computer via the usb cable and select option 1. Make sure you have USB debugging selected and you are in charge only mode. This process will reload .181 stock on your phone and you should be good to go.

Last edited: