ICS this week?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Since it looks like this might actually happen, I have a question for those more experienced in major updates than I -- is it a good idea to do a factory reset before something like this? Start with a clean slate so to speak.

I'm not rooted if that makes a difference.

"I've been told" that you can do an FDR prior to being selected (after the survey), but once selected if you do an FDR, you're kicked out, so if you are considering it, do it now.

And yes, doing an FDR is a great way to assure a trouble-free install and transition. There's no proof it's needed, but it certainly can't hurt.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

shiftat8k

Reaction score
If I'm chosen for the soak, will they give instructions as to what needs to be done on my part? I.e.: what info I'm looking for (bugs, glitches, etc...) and where I send that information to?

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I got the email as well.

If I'm chosen for the soak, will they give instructions as to what needs to be done on my part? I.e.: what info I'm looking for (bugs, glitches, etc...) and where I send that information to?

Yeah, they'll let you know how to go about things. They'll set up private forum for the soak testers to discuss things like bugs and features. Then, at the end, you'll get another survey.

shiftat8k

Reaction score
thanks for the speedy reply. Do you know how soon the soak will start after this initial email/survey? Will the soak be pushed OTA or will I have to manually check for the update?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You will be notified if you're selected by email, same as the survey.
:D

Could be a day, could be a week. They have until the 31st to stay within their announced schedule.

B

Bakerboy448

Foxkat,
June is a 30 day month... isnt it?
and Q2 ends june 30th, right?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Right...my bad. I said the 31st, only 30 days in June. Doh!

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Looks like my edit moved my reply after yours...oh well.

Reaction score
thanks for the speedy reply. Do you know how soon the soak will start after this initial email/survey? Will the soak be pushed OTA or will I have to manually check for the update?

Typically, the soak starts a day or two after the invitation are sent out. Then the soak lasts for 2-3 days. Probably next Tues. or Wed. for the official OTA.....BTW, all of the sudden my phone has the "System update unavailable"....Loading the servers?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Mine came back saying up to date, so server was probably getting bombarded with requests...denial of service attack by accident! :D