ICS this week?

Agrajag

Reaction score
For me (rooted) it installed without a problem but then the keyboard was totally FUBAR. I couldn't type anything. It would do a character or two and then random errant entries. I rebooted. Same deal. Then, magically, this morning without a reboot it all seemed like it just worked itself out. I was thinking I'd have to go FDR but so far, no need.

The big things I've noticed:

1. I don't like the multitasking (hold home) change. It's too busy with junk. Sure, I can see the screen but I know what each of them looks like.

2. I like the notification updates.

3. The contacts are terrible. No way to just show contacts with phone numbers and when I attempt to remove contacts many say they can only be hidden, etc. Google, in my view, has never been good at working with contacts and it appears they've gotten worse now.

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would recommend a factory reset to anyone that is experiencing issues. I couldn't get webtop to work. I did a reset and not only did webtop start working but the phone in general just seemed to perform better. I will be doing the battery recalibration next.

cousy415

Reaction score
I would recommend a factory reset to anyone that is experiencing issues. I couldn't get webtop to work. I did a reset and not only did webtop start working but the phone in general just seemed to perform better. I will be doing the battery recalibration next.

Prior to the razr I owned a Thunderbolt. There was a page somewhere that laid out step by step how to optimize the recalibration. Is there such a page for the Razr? Or is there a recommended method?

devdeuce

Reaction score
What happened to the messages shortcut that would take you into texts or emails? I now can only find texts.

There is no spoon

JRICKA11

Reaction score
Has anyone used the new apps that came along with ICS like google+1 and COLOR. Whats the benefit and what do they do?

And I did a Factory Reset after the installed was available and everything seems to be running very smooth.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Squeak87 said:
No built in task manager! >_< anyone reccomend a good one?

(DR0ID RAZ® M@XX)

I have only just started using this, but so far I like it.... ZDBox.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I recommend not using a task manager for now. Long press your home key and swipe left or right to kill apps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
No problem :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

laurenjones93

Reaction score
jcepp said:
I got sooo excited this morning when I saw the update was avail for pull but when I try to pull the ICS update I get "The update could not be properly validated. Try again." What's wrong?

My did that too. And i tried 3 diff yimes. Only solution is a FDR