ICS on the MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am tired of waiting for jb .... it should be on my phone right now so I can get bored of it in 3 days!!!!! I want the cool new features like the tanning booth app that uses flash to give me a tan so I never have to leave my mothers basement!!!!!!

Sorry, Apple already patented it.

Squeak87

Reaction score
Has Verizon given an official date for the software upgrade? I have seen many different estimated release dates but none confirmed. I just want to be ready for it so I'm not stuck waiting for my phone to update at a random time during the day.

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
So just wondering ...
How much better will our devices be once we get updated to ics???

Ryan46and2

Reaction score
Check the change note pdf on Verizons website and the videos on motorolas website. They detail all the changes.

jeff70

Reaction score
Has Verizon given an official date for the software upgrade? I have seen many different estimated release dates but none confirmed. I just want to be ready for it so I'm not stuck waiting for my phone to update at a random time during the day.

I doubt we will get much notice of when the OTA will be available other than sometime during the week of 6/25-6/29 as long as no problems are discovered during the soak test

FYI you don't have to wait for the OTA at some random time, once it is available you can initiate the OTA manually at a time that is convenient for you

edit: updated news is the OTA might be starting to be pushed out today 6/22 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-4-0-ics-update-rollout-starting-today.html

Last edited:

jgmecarter

Reaction score
jeff70 said:
I doubt we will get much notice of when the OTA will be available other than sometime during the week of 6/25-6/29 as long as no problems are discovered during the soak test

FYI you don't have to wait for the OTA at some random time, once it is available you can initiate the OTA manually at a time that is convenient for you

edit: updated news is the OTA might be starting to be pushed out today 6/22 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/213087-droid-razr-razr-maxx-get-android-4-0-ics-update-rollout-starting-today.html

Will this be for soak testers or for who Verizon chooses to send it out to

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Press Release cites ICS OTA Rollout starts Today. Of course, One button doesn't get pushed and Everybody gets it simultaneously but it does appears as though
unless any surprises, the rollout has started.

fdisker

Reaction score
So just wondering ...
How much better will our devices be once we get updated to ics???

Just picked up a razr maxx over the weekend after giving my bionic to my daughter. I was quite please with gingerbread on the maxx because everything just worked. After seeing the Verizon notice yesterday that .211 (leaked a few days ago) was the official version I said what the heck and installed the leak this morning.

I'm quite literally SHOCKED at how good it is. I never played with ICS on the bionic so this is my first experience with the new OS. Words like "buttery smooth" and "highly refined" come to mind. It feels incredibly polished.

I suspect the community will be quite pleased with what they're about to get. Granted, I've only been running it for three hours but it's quite good.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
Press Release cites ICS OTA Rollout starts Today. Of course, One button doesn't get pushed and Everybody gets it simultaneously but it does appears as though
unless any surprises, the rollout has started.

That's what I thought I am just confused why motorola was having people take surveys for soak testers earlier this week

jeff70

Reaction score
Will this be for soak testers or for who Verizon chooses to send it out to

that announcement on Verizon Wireless News just says "The upgrade, which will begin on June 22, will also upgrade all smartphones in the DROID RAZR family to the popular Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system." so it is pretty vague so your guess is as good as mine

I have not seen any reports of people getting email invites to the soak so it remains to be seen if the OTA will be released to soak testers first and then the public will get it a few days later or if there is going to be no soak and the OTA goes live sometime today

*edit: it appears there will be a soak and Verizon jumped the gun announcing 6/22 as the roll out: UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Last edited:

ricks

Reaction score
I just checked my maxx for the update and it said something like "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later"

Last edited:
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just checked my maxx for the update and it said something like "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later"

Not sure how many Razr/Maxxs are out there but a good chunk are prbably "checking for update" about every 2 seconds.:biggrin: