ICS on the MAXX

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
In anticipation of the "Big Day" later tonight or tomorrow I went ahead and bought champagne and .... Oh (I digress)
What I meant to say was I removed ALL my "stuff" in anticipation of the big switchover. Anybody else making any special preparations? Anything that should be done?
Several of us are going to get together and sleep in shifts so there is always at least one person up to watch the phones "transform".
Should be pretty Cool.

( Yes I was joking) but, I do find the sound of crickets on "ICS Eve" quite ... telling. I wonder IF Big Red notices the apparent climate of burn-out that seems to have settled over the event.

Chukee

Reaction score
If there is an update. And that is a big If I usually do a factory reset after any updates.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have done a fdr on all of my maxx's to ensure a clean install of ics. I don't anticipate it happening though. Perhaps a soak will start, I hope. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, so do a Factory Reset AFTER/BEFORE an update (thought I might have read one of you do it before and one was after) BUT wait until it is a little more definative as to whether/when/If..... the Update will happen.
Thanks.

Chukee

Reaction score
CaptainSS said:
Ok, so do a Factory Reset BEFORE an update (thought I might have read one of you do it before and one was after) BUT wait until it is a little more definative as to whether/when/If..... the Update will happen.
Thanks.

I usually dont do it before because half the time the update dont happen on the dates that are rumored leaving you to have to install all your apps again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In anticipation of the "Big Day" later tonight or tomorrow I went ahead and bought champagne and .... Oh (I digress)
What I meant to say was I removed ALL my "stuff" in anticipation of the big switchover. Anybody else making any special preparations? Anything that should be done?
Several of us are going to get together and sleep in shifts so there is always at least one person up to watch the phones "transform".
Should be pretty Cool.

( Yes I was joking) but, I do find the sound of crickets on "ICS Eve" quite ... telling. I wonder IF Big Red notices the apparent climate of burn-out that seems to have settled over the event.

For me, it's the Mockingbird that lives on my property that SINGS ALL NIGHT LONG, during the summer. He's got literally dozens if not 100+ songs and where I live things get real quiet, no road noise so I can hear nothing but him. He lulls me to sleep at night with the windows open and the cool breeze wafting in. All I need now is an Ice Cream Sandwich and I'll be set for the midnight treat!!

drivinfocused

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
I have done a fdr on all of my maxx's to ensure a clean install of ics. I don't anticipate it happening though. Perhaps a soak will start, I hope. :)

Talked with a guy at work and verizon called his buddy and told him it was ready. I'm figuring a soak test.

Caesars

Reaction score
My mailman said he talked to his Verizon buddy at a local authorized agent, it's coming today.

I kid I kid

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
drivinfocused said:
Talked with a guy at work and verizon called his buddy and told him it was ready. I'm figuring a soak test.

We'll see. It'll happen when it happens. VZ is in no rush. The update makes them no money.
OP: yes, definitely do a factory reset before the update. You stated you "removed all my stuff". A factory reset cleans the data sector of remaining "leftover stuff" for a "clean slate". A factory reset post update can't hurt anything either.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Factory reset? No unless I have to.. I hate reinstalling everything. :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not saying everybody should. I did though

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now erased BUT the customization I had set up with GoLauncher/GoLauncher Locker/ Animated Widgets etc. etc. had severly diminished my excitement and caring that the sandwich would ever arrive.
I guess I mat have fallen for it (again) maybe.... this is like being back in High School and your "Favorite" Girlfriend breaking up with you, Not, Yes/No?maybe well maybe we can be friends, No...... What? Ok.

mikeyb1029

Reaction score
If you do a reset dont you have to reload all your apps? Or is there another way?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
weatherlover1 said:
Factory reset? No unless I have to.. I hate reinstalling everything. :blink:

So do I, but I did for froyo to gb on my last phone (as recommended on a forum post I had read). Post the update myriads of threads complained of buggy updates. Factory resets were not helping much. The folks who flashed back to froyo and did a factory reset before retaking the ota gb (mostly, not generalizing here) had the problem solved. Search the droid 2 global forum at about the august through november of last year time frame.
On a side note.....same forum.....hope we don't see this pattern here
1, "where is gb? Vz promised....
2, "it's here!!!!"
3, "it sucks....how do I flash back?"
:)