1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ICS on the MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by CaptainSS, Jun 11, 2012.

1. CaptainSS

CaptainSS New Member

In anticipation of the "Big Day" later tonight or tomorrow I went ahead and bought champagne and .... Oh (I digress)
    What I meant to say was I removed ALL my "stuff" in anticipation of the big switchover. Anybody else making any special preparations? Anything that should be done?
    Several of us are going to get together and sleep in shifts so there is always at least one person up to watch the phones "transform".
    Should be pretty Cool.

( Yes I was joking) but, I do find the sound of crickets on "ICS Eve" quite ... telling. I wonder IF Big Red notices the apparent climate of burn-out that seems to have settled over the event.
  2. Chukee

Chukee New Member

If there is an update. And that is a big If I usually do a factory reset after any updates.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I have done a fdr on all of my maxx's to ensure a clean install of ics. I don't anticipate it happening though. Perhaps a soak will start, I hope. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  4. CaptainSS

CaptainSS New Member

Ok, so do a Factory Reset AFTER/BEFORE an update (thought I might have read one of you do it before and one was after) BUT wait until it is a little more definative as to whether/when/If..... the Update will happen.
    Thanks.
  5. Chukee

Chukee New Member

I usually dont do it before because half the time the update dont happen on the dates that are rumored leaving you to have to install all your apps again.
  6. FoxKat

FoxKat Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

For me, it's the Mockingbird that lives on my property that SINGS ALL NIGHT LONG, during the summer. He's got literally dozens if not 100+ songs and where I live things get real quiet, no road noise so I can hear nothing but him. He lulls me to sleep at night with the windows open and the cool breeze wafting in. All I need now is an Ice Cream Sandwich and I'll be set for the midnight treat!!
  7. drivinfocused

drivinfocused New Member

Talked with a guy at work and verizon called his buddy and told him it was ready. I'm figuring a soak test.
  8. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

My mailman said he talked to his Verizon buddy at a local authorized agent, it's coming today.

I kid I kid
  9. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

I will believe it when I see it..
  10. bruben7886

bruben7886 New Member

We'll see. It'll happen when it happens. VZ is in no rush. The update makes them no money.
    OP: yes, definitely do a factory reset before the update. You stated you "removed all my stuff". A factory reset cleans the data sector of remaining "leftover stuff" for a "clean slate". A factory reset post update can't hurt anything either.
  11. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

Factory reset? No unless I have to.. I hate reinstalling everything. :blink:
  12. 94lt1

I'm not saying everybody should. I did though

13. CaptainSS

CaptainSS New Member

Now erased BUT the customization I had set up with GoLauncher/GoLauncher Locker/ Animated Widgets etc. etc. had severly diminished my excitement and caring that the sandwich would ever arrive.
    I guess I mat have fallen for it (again) maybe.... this is like being back in High School and your "Favorite" Girlfriend breaking up with you, Not, Yes/No?maybe well maybe we can be friends, No...... What? Ok.
  14. mikeyb1029

mikeyb1029 New Member

If you do a reset dont you have to reload all your apps? Or is there another way?
  15. bruben7886

bruben7886 New Member

So do I, but I did for froyo to gb on my last phone (as recommended on a forum post I had read). Post the update myriads of threads complained of buggy updates. Factory resets were not helping much. The folks who flashed back to froyo and did a factory reset before retaking the ota gb (mostly, not generalizing here) had the problem solved. Search the droid 2 global forum at about the august through november of last year time frame.
    On a side note.....same forum.....hope we don't see this pattern here
    1, "where is gb? Vz promised....
    2, "it's here!!!!"
    3, "it sucks....how do I flash back?"
    :)
  16. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Let's not worry about something thats not happening tonight :)
  17. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

I called Verizon and they said that they have no information on ics for the razor or razor maxx. And then they told me about other phones that are set to get updates over the next couple of Weeks. She then went on to tell me that whenever ics comes out for the maxx that we would Get a email telling us How to install it. I am telling you Verizon is dumb I am glad I ordered the Samsung galaxy S3
  18. 94lt1

Thats about typical for some Verizon people though. Then there are those that are up to date and are knowledgeable... but that's usually the case with most businesses.

Lets just hope a soak is on the horizon. :)

19. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

The ones the do know something are the ones that don't say anything - because they value their jobs. Most folks at Verizon don't know until we do, the ones that do are under strict NDA.
  20. jgmecarter

jgmecarter New Member

Verizon has always told me when a update is coming some times it gets delayed but four the most part it happens when they say it will happen. They could be wrong this time but I really do think that we will be waiting for the update for a while
Search tags for this page
1967 corvette wallpapers for razr maxx

go locker ics

how to screenshot on droid razr

pm728851d