ICS on the MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by CaptainSS, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Chukee

Chukee Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Webtop is 100 percent better on ics. No slow firefox. For the people that uses webtop that makes it a big deal. Well at least for me. But i really in no hurry to rush the update it will come when it comes.

2. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Gold Member

Ratings:
    +558
    Seriously, In a world of real issues of course when ICS comes it comes - who really cares. Just tell us when and if it gets delayed then say why. Pretty simple stuff.

Who wants to play games or live in a dark room? Nobody. Even Christmas morning better get with it at some point or 6 yera olds will become serial killers.

3. brucefulton

brucefulton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not expecting it to appear overnight just now. There would be more clues than I've heard. ICS seems to be pretty incremental in any case. It has a couple of features that sound nice, but it will also undoubtedly break some apps for at least a while. Aside from the geek factor, is there anything in it I really need or want? Nothing I've heard so far. For me, it's a yawner.

4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    It's far from incremental, and that's why so many people are wanting it. The shift from Gingerbread to ICS is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, single version changes since Android began (along with the jump from Gingerbread to Honeycomb that a few tablets saw). The majority of it is under the hood, but there are quite a few noticeable enhancements and additions as well.

And most users who have been running the various leaks have reported very few app issues, and those that do exist are pretty much all on the developer of the app for failing to update.

5. brucefulton

brucefulton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Perhaps from a developer's or architect's perspective, but I've heard very little that affects the end user in any specific way. Can you tell me, as a user, what specific features are going to be new and wonderful that I must have? Face recognition, cool. Not groundbreaking. Now from the standpoint of unification of devices and developer hooks, I'm there. But as a user, I expect little immediate impact. There will be a few new kewl tools. But I have yet to hear of really compelling advancements that I'll see on my current phone. As you say, the majority of it is under the hood. So for developers, it's significant. For users, not so much right now. Perhaps new app capabilities in the future. But they're not here yet for the most part, so most users will see only incremental changes. I think my phone will look pretty much the same tomorrow as it does today. The update will come when it comes. We'll see what developers do with it. Could be really good, but it's not tomorrow.

6. brucefulton

brucefulton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Um, yeah, what I said ;)

7. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

A few additiona not mentioned in the above article that immediately come to mind: the ability to take screenshots, the option to freeze any app from running (including bloatware), ICS-only apps (such as the vastly improved Gmail), and Webtop 3.0.

And most of the under the hood changes are not just for developers. The changes represent noticeable technical differences that have an impact on how your phone actually performs:

Learn about the technical differences between Gingerbread and ICS

There's more to ICS than just the above, but that should be enough to show that it's far more than an incremental update.

8. brucefulton

brucefulton Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I see nothing in the linked article that promises to change my user experience in any fundamental way.

9. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +952
    I feel like I am one of the only people that is NOT looking forward to ICS. I've played with it on the HTC One S, along with the Galaxy Tab2, and I'm just NOT impressed. Although, it could have something to do with me not being keen on big changes lol

10. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    No one said anything about it changing the fundamental ways in which a device is used. All that was said is that ICS isn't an incremental update, and both of those articles show that. You may not view it personally as a major update for you, but that doesn't change the fact that it represents major changes in the OS along with providing increased features and a streamlined UI. I can see someone taking the position that the change Froyo to Gingerbread was incremental (even though that position shows a rudimentary understanding of what actually changed), but the changes in ICS are pretty darn big as far as OS updates go.

11. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Jackie!!!! Don't be a buzz kill :p just kidding :D .... I think that ics may take some getting used to for some, for others it will be a welcomed change, for others, they'll be looking for jelly bean within a few months lol.. :rolleyes:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

12. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Jelly bean in a few months? A source at Verizon said June 27th. :frown:

Search tags for this page
1967 corvette wallpapers for razr maxx

go locker ics

how to screenshot on droid razr