ICS on the MAXX

jgmecarter

Reaction score
ricks said:
I have never talked to an intelligent Verizon wireless salesman. They are the last people to talk to about these phones and updates. The day I got my maxx, he tried making me go with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus stating it was the best phone. I had a lot of fun with him that day.

There are not a lot of smart Verizon reps out there I will give you that but what makes the maxx a better phone than the nexus? I have both phones and the only thing the maxx beats the nexus in is battery life. My Droid charge and my Droid bionic beats the maxx in speed test. The only reason I like this phone is because of the battery life

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
side note - I Love my Verizon Store folks! Very nice, professional, helpful. No complaints, I've said it before and will again - Not their fault. They can't know what they aren't told and I doubt (for the most part) after working ALL day with the "Public" that they want to come home and log on here. I don't read or live my work. Do you?
People have lives, Verizon employees too.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Damn, I feel so unloved with all this VZW salesperson hatred lol. Oh wait, I'm just a mere vendor...hate on! LOL

Yeah you don't count, you are good people.

ricks

Reaction score
There are not a lot of smart Verizon reps out there I will give you that but what makes the maxx a better phone than the nexus? I have both phones and the only thing the maxx beats the nexus in is battery life. My Droid charge and my Droid bionic beats the maxx in speed test. The only reason I like this phone is because of the battery life

I have done a lot of research on the Nexus. A lot of complaints about signal issues was spoken about often. Then was battery issues. The battery cover comes off easily and is very flimsy. It feels like a cheap plastic toy. I wanted it for the larger screen but I did not like the way it felt. The maxx just feels like a better built phone.

ricks

Reaction score
side note - I Love my Verizon Store folks! Very nice, professional, helpful. No complaints, I've said it before and will again - Not their fault. They can't know what they aren't told and I doubt (for the most part) after working ALL day with the "Public" that they want to come home and log on here. I don't read or live my work. Do you?

When I used to work, I made sure I knew everything about the products I was selling. It makes a better salesman

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I have done a lot of research on the Nexus. A lot of complaints about signal issues was spoken about often. Then was battery issues. The battery cover comes off easily and is very flimsy. It feels like a cheap plastic toy. I wanted it for the larger screen but I did not like the way it felt. The maxx just feels like a better built phone.

In actual use (outside of watching movies), the screen on the Galaxy Nexus is the same size as the screen on the MAXX. The on-screen buttons cause the 4.6" screen to only have 4.3" of usable area. So, outside of a slight increase for videos, you're not missing anything on screen size with MAXX.

I used to have the Galaxy Nexus, and I feel the MAXX is far superior for a variety of reasons. But by far the biggest one was the reception. It was a real problem for me through four brand new devices, and that was the major deal-breaker. It couldn't hold a signal in places where five other Verizon smarthphones right beside it had good signal.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
ricks said:

Research is not the same as having the phone. The battery does suck on it and I am not a big fan of the plastic. But research the maxx and you find a lot of things wrong with it as well. two reasons I buy most of the good smart phones that come out. 1 I like to have new toys. 2 I do not like to listen to people that say they researched something because they read something over the internet. If you want to read someone tell you how a maxx is better than a nexus and take their word for that's great. It does not bother me that you want to stick with a phone that has last years specs and a great battery. I would rather have my hands on all the phones that I can and see what runs the best. And although I do like the maxx when it comes down to it its nothing more than a phone mid range phone with a great battery life. Don't take my word on this since you like to do research look up other phones and compare them

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
{} + <3 to you!! (can't let the big guy hone in on my territory!! :icon_ devil:

Lol. Wouldn't dream of it :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

clintro

Reaction score

Battery is VERY important to some people (like myself)....also i think once ICS does drop you should see faster times due to better use of processing power from the Maxx? I would imagine that would have an effect on performance. Side by my stock Maxx is faster than my old rooted bionic running eclipse.

They are in most cases good people, unfortunately some of the talk out their rear and have no idea what they are saying and gives a lot of them a bad name. LOL But then again most people are not as knowledgeable as 90% of the people on these forums about phones.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
clintro said:
Battery is VERY important to some people (like myself)....also i think once ICS does drop you should see faster times due to better use of processing power from the Maxx? I would imagine that would have an effect on performance. Side by my stock Maxx is faster than my old rooted bionic running eclipse.

They are in most cases good people, unfortunately some of the talk out their rear and have no idea what they are saying and gives a lot of them a bad name. LOL But then again most people are not as knowledgeable as 90% of the people on these forums about phones.

battery life is important to me as well. Thats why I use it but I do take the nexus with me every where I go because it has a better screen and easier to text on. I am on my maxx now because my battery is almost dead on my nexus. does your maxx ever drop internet? Mine does at least 5 times a day. My nexus may not always show a good internet connection but it always puts out fast speeds. The maxx shows good internet connection but it won't connect to the internet