ICS on the MAXX

Caesars

Reaction score
Let's not worry about something thats not happening tonight :)

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I called Verizon and they said that they have no information on ics for the razor or razor maxx. And then they told me about other phones that are set to get updates over the next couple of Weeks. She then went on to tell me that whenever ics comes out for the maxx that we would Get a email telling us How to install it. I am telling you Verizon is dumb I am glad I ordered the Samsung galaxy S3

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thats about typical for some Verizon people though. Then there are those that are up to date and are knowledgeable... but that's usually the case with most businesses.

Lets just hope a soak is on the horizon. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats about typical for some Verizon people though. Then there are those that are up to date and are knowledgeable... but that's usually the case with most businesses.

The ones the do know something are the ones that don't say anything - because they value their jobs. Most folks at Verizon don't know until we do, the ones that do are under strict NDA.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Verizon has always told me when a update is coming some times it gets delayed but four the most part it happens when they say it will happen. They could be wrong this time but I really do think that we will be waiting for the update for a while

jeff70

Reaction score
Let's not worry about something thats not happening tonight :)

lol true

rumor #3,459 from another "reliable Verizon source" that ICS is to be released on a specific date

It seems to me to be a recipe for disaster to release such a huge update with no soak test so when we start getting news of people invited to the ICS soak test then I will start to think about doing steps to prepare my phone for the ICS OTA like factory resetting

I am at the point of when I see the update in my notification bar for the ICS OTA then and only then I will know for sure the update is ready to go :blink:

Last edited:
OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I will go on record as a; Parent (4 teenagers), Fortune 50 Corporate Manager (more than one company), Business Owner (more than one) U.S. Army Company Commander (Field Artillery) - RUMORS if allowed to proliferate unfettered causes morale problems and nothing but problems.
I DO NOT understand nor do I agree with Verizons strategy regarding their "head in the sand" attitude towards "Rumors" . The June 12th date was more than a rumor, when it was reported in CNET, that elevates it above "Forum Fodder".
My advice (ignore) "Get with it Big Red, remember what happened to "Big Blue" or Sears or IBM or whoever when they "thought" they had become too Big and too important to pay attention to their customers??????
We really don't ask for much. We willingly spend about $2,000 dollars and up (a year, EVERY YEAR) for air, and a little box to access the air.
Can we get a little respect? a little accurate information every now and then ? OH, and PLEASE keep updating the Magic so we don't have the old " Can you hear me now"... remember that Ad campaign? That was funny, Right?

wxman2003

Reaction score
I don't know what the big deal is about ICS. I have that on my galaxy tab 2, and not all that impressed. I will still use my apps the same way on my Maxx. Text the same way, talk the same way, etc. ICS is not revolutionary. Whether it comes out June 12th, or December 12th is not an issue for me. I won't be up at midnight spinning my wheels waiting for an update.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Me either! I have first watch, the other guys will be up all night waiting for the update! :icon_ banana:

Chukee

Reaction score
wxman2003 said:
I don't know what the big deal is about ICS. I have that on my galaxy tab 2, and not all that impressed. I will still use my apps the same way on my Maxx. Text the same way, talk the same way, etc. ICS is not revolutionary. Whether it comes out June 12th, or December 12th is not an issue for me. I won't be up at midnight spinning my wheels waiting for an update.

Webtop is 100 percent better on ics. No slow firefox. For the people that uses webtop that makes it a big deal. Well at least for me. But i really in no hurry to rush the update it will come when it comes.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Seriously, In a world of real issues of course when ICS comes it comes - who really cares. Just tell us when and if it gets delayed then say why. Pretty simple stuff.

Who wants to play games or live in a dark room? Nobody. Even Christmas morning better get with it at some point or 6 yera olds will become serial killers.

brucefulton

Reaction score
I'm not expecting it to appear overnight just now. There would be more clues than I've heard. ICS seems to be pretty incremental in any case. It has a couple of features that sound nice, but it will also undoubtedly break some apps for at least a while. Aside from the geek factor, is there anything in it I really need or want? Nothing I've heard so far. For me, it's a yawner.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm not expecting it to appear overnight just now. There would be more clues than I've heard. ICS seems to be pretty incremental in any case. It has a couple of features that sound nice, but it will also undoubtedly break some apps for at least a while. Aside from the geek factor, is there anything in it I really need or want? Nothing I've heard so far. For me, it's a yawner.

It's far from incremental, and that's why so many people are wanting it. The shift from Gingerbread to ICS is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, single version changes since Android began (along with the jump from Gingerbread to Honeycomb that a few tablets saw). The majority of it is under the hood, but there are quite a few noticeable enhancements and additions as well.

And most users who have been running the various leaks have reported very few app issues, and those that do exist are pretty much all on the developer of the app for failing to update.

brucefulton

Reaction score
It's far from incremental, and that's why so many people are wanting it. The shift from Gingerbread to ICS is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, single version changes since Android began (along with the jump from Gingerbread to Honeycomb that a few tablets saw). The majority of it is under the hood, but there are quite a few noticeable enhancements and additions as well.

And most users who have been running the various leaks have reported very few app issues, and those that do exist are pretty much all on the developer of the app for failing to update.

Perhaps from a developer's or architect's perspective, but I've heard very little that affects the end user in any specific way. Can you tell me, as a user, what specific features are going to be new and wonderful that I must have? Face recognition, cool. Not groundbreaking. Now from the standpoint of unification of devices and developer hooks, I'm there. But as a user, I expect little immediate impact. There will be a few new kewl tools. But I have yet to hear of really compelling advancements that I'll see on my current phone. As you say, the majority of it is under the hood. So for developers, it's significant. For users, not so much right now. Perhaps new app capabilities in the future. But they're not here yet for the most part, so most users will see only incremental changes. I think my phone will look pretty much the same tomorrow as it does today. The update will come when it comes. We'll see what developers do with it. Could be really good, but it's not tomorrow.