Calendar Entries Dup'ed ??? (Same Account Used for Input)

Spyder5157

Reaction score
Calendar Entries Dup'ed ???
Well,

FINALLY, I've decided to go ahead and post on this, but it has been something ongoing since I can remember. I use my Calendar (Stock, Currently ICS on Razr).

As we all know, any calendar entry is tied to a specific Gmail account, or internal phone storage. Before I go any further, since this would be the obvious answer: I use ONE specific account for my calendar. It is the main Gmail account I have the phone initially registered to.

NOW THE ISSUE: IF I use the PC, go to Gmail, Calendar, and add an entry, it is instantly put into my phone calendar correctly.

BUT: More often than not, I am mobile when adding things into the Calendar, therefore, I add them via my device. I open up, add an event, add detail, etc. "Save"

THEN: When I look at that day - SIDE BY SIDE I have the event listed (TWICE).

As mentioned regarding the account, I have checked both EVERY TIME, and they are both listed under the SAME Gmail. Now....Typically, I just pick one, delete it, and move on.

A big reason I finally posted my issue is: Today, I created an event, as usual it was listed in the device calendar in duplicate (Side by Side).....BUT - Unlike other times, 1 of the 2 was "Missing" much of the detail for the event (Location & Description).

One last puzzling issue is that it is NOT EVERY TIME that this happens. If I were to make an educated guess, I would say about 75-80% of the time. Otherwise, I get the single event, and all as it should.

Any suggestions on this one would be GREAT, it has really been driving me crazy since day 1 (BTW: This has been ongoing thru 3 separate phones, 2 different carriers, and 3 versions of Android.....SO....IT MUST have "SOMETHING" to do w/ Google???)

I would love to say HELP HELP...But, it's a small issue, with a quick work-around, hence the long time I've just let it go, but when I saw those differences between the 2 events today, I decided it's time to TRY and get some advice.....

SO....ANY THOUGHTS....Comments, etc....Would be greatly appreciated.

All the best.....Spyder