ICS on the MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
that announcement on Verizon Wireless News just says "The upgrade, which will begin on June 22, will also upgrade all smartphones in the DROID RAZR family to the popular Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system." so it is pretty vague so your guess is as good as mine

I have not seen any reports of people getting email invites to the soak so it remains to be seen if the OTA will be released to soak testers first and then the public will get it a few days later or if there is going to be no soak and the OTA goes live sometime today

*edit: it appears there will be a soak and Verizon jumped the gun announcing 6/22 as the roll out: UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners | The Official Motorola Blog - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Right. This short excerpt from that article says it all;

UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners

JUNE 22, 2012 : BY MOTOROLA

A select number of DROID RAZR by Motorola and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola owners will start receiving the upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this week as part of our standard upgrade process; broader deployments will come over the coming days.

In corporate speak, "a select number" is the soak participants who were/will be "selected". The last line "broader deployments" means everyone else.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Right. This short excerpt from that article says it all;

UPDATE: Android 4.0 ICS News for DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX Owners

JUNE 22, 2012 : BY MOTOROLA

A select number of DROID RAZR by Motorola and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola owners will start receiving the upgrade to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich this week as part of our standard upgrade process; broader deployments will come over the coming days.

In corporate speak, "a select number" is the soak participants who were/will be "selected". The last line "broader deployments" means everyone else.

This comprises ALL that we "Know" right now, the rest is babble and supposition. Wait continues albeit it appears it is shortening.

milllllller

Reaction score
so if I install the latest leak (6.12.211) which is supposedly the same as the OTA, will I still be in line to be supported with future OTA's?

jeff70

Reaction score
so if I install the latest leak (6.12.211) which is supposedly the same as the OTA, will I still be in line to be supported with future OTA's?

since you asked this question in 2 places your answer is already waiting for you in the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-4-0-ics-update-rollout-starting-today-6.html thread

Originally Posted by milllllller
If the OTA is confirmed to be the same as the latest leak (6.12.181), can I instal that leak and remain on Verizon's OTA update path?

Your best, safest way to stay on the upgrade path is to return to stock .181, unrooted and take the OTA update to ICS...bottom line safest bet.

Hockey

Reaction score
As I posted in the other forum,

Just got notification of an update on my Maxx!

Michigan here.

Need to go lay down before heading out to work tonight so I'll play with it and report back how it is later

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Household should be interesting, Three(3) Razrs and all about 4 months apart from just when it came out up to about a month ago so, if VZW input holds true they should get update in order of oldest to newest.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just got my replacement phone today will be interesting to see if there is an update when I boot it up here once its fully charged!

clintro

Reaction score
You on the soak test, it standard drop? And who would be able to sleep.....lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can just install .211 in stock recovery. Its the same thing.