New Transformer Prime Update May (or may not) Fix GPS Problems; Rolling Out Now

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jan 19, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

A new update for the Asus Transformer Prime is rolling out now. The update is a driver fix for the GPS system, that supposedly addresses the GPS problems that have plagued some users of the tablet. Unfortunately, there are many users who experienced the GPS issue, that have indicated this update did not actually fix their problems. Some folks over at AndroidPolice have even done some preliminary testing with the new update which did not yield favorable results. Additionally some users even experienced the update failing on download. If you want to experiment with it yourself, you should get it manually with the following instructions,

Good luck!

Source: TransformerForums via AndroidPolice

2. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    Anyone want to be really nice and buy me a TF201 or the yet to be released TF701 :unsure: I'm curious about android tablets and I never got the opportunity to check out honeycomb and now ics is out but I still can't justify spending $400-$500 on a tablet... at least not until I catch up on my bills which won't be for a very long time. :crying:

3. nateccnn

nateccnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    i went to settings to check for update. nothing. i then copied the url to manually download it and a bubble popped up saying an update was downloaded and do i want to install it. chose yes. now my version says 9.4.2.11. so it would seem the above news is already outdated.

oh...and my GPS works fine outdoors.

Nate

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
asus

asus tf701 release date

buy tf701
eee pad transformer prime tf701
release date asus tf701t
tf701
tf701 gps

tf701 release date