ICS on the MAXX

blackhawk1134

Reaction score
Any ideas they start the soak after the survey?
After all it was only a survey ...
They didn't promise anyone that they were involved in the soak..
Just wondering ..

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a couple/few days.
If accepted you will get another email indicating that you need to log into a new "soak" only forum where you can discuss the issues.
You will be invited to the forum *before* the soak OTA goes out.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
All goes well, I think next Wednesday is a good bet? If correct, everyone send $1 to the following address.

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure how that would be handled, if some disclaimer with accept or not at the end, I suppose it is possible but, think about it.
Who benefits from soak tests? Not the participant, Motorola does. They would incur rediculous expenses to try and duplicate a field test for the cost of a couple possible phone failure replacements?
IF they told field testers (soak testers) "tough luck" in this community, the soak test volunteers would dry up pretty quick. I think the fact you have never heard of such a thing happening is; a nice New upgraded Phone makes a lot of sadness go away.
Anyway....:)

OP
CaptainSS

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well this is the 22nd page and tomorrow is the 22nd - and let the Soaking Begin!!! One of Lifes little :icon_eek: "Co-Incidences":icon_eek:

jeff70

Reaction score
If Verizon has approved ics then why does motorola need soak testers

no idea all I can tell you that people got emails sent to them that linked to a survey that would give you a chance to be invited later to the soak, maybe plans have changed and there will be no soak or the soak email invites will go out in the next day or so and the the ICS OTA will be available to the public next week sometime

with both Motorola and Verizon updating their pages showing the Razr/Maxx with ICS it seems strange they are going to make people wait for a soak test to be completed, but imho it would be more surprising that there would be no soak for such a large update of 2.3.6 to 4.0.4

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If Verizon has approved ics then why does motorola need soak testers

Because a large soak test of users from the public will have a better chance of revealing any problems the handful of testers at Motorola/Verizon missed or didn't experience.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Because a large soak test of users from the public will have a better chance of revealing any problems the handful of testers at Motorola/Verizon missed or didn't experience.

I understand that but don't they usually have the soak test then announce that it's ready

theatomizer90

Reaction score
I am tired of waiting for jb .... it should be on my phone right now so I can get bored of it in 3 days!!!!! I want the cool new features like the tanning booth app that uses flash to give me a tan so I never have to leave my mothers basement!!!!!!