I picked up the Turbo...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Too big. The 6 Plus feels surprisingly good in the hand and I can actually reach everything on the screen. The Note 4 is just too wide. Even the G3 is pushing it. I would never be able to grip the N6. And there is still the issue of the camera. Moto just can't get that right.

G3 is less narrow than 6+..and you can use LMT pie controls...

M8 tap'd

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Or, Garemlin, if you not quite sold in what is out now just wait as it is a matter of time you will find a device you are sold on. No need to reach for a device that may not be you.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Garemlin, have you spent any time with the S5. If the Note 4 is too big for you, check out the S5. The camera & battery life are amazing and I have no problems whatsoever with the radio. Just a thought to keep you from considering the fruit...

S5 tap'n

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Garemlin, have you spent any time with the S5. If the Note 4 is too big for you, check out the S5. The camera & battery life are amazing and I have no problems whatsoever with the radio. Just a thought to keep you from considering the fruit...

S5 tap'n
I believe his beef is with Samsung's radios. Though they have improved they are shy of HTC and Motorola's. But you will not notice unless you live in an area on the border of LTE or the office building you work in does not allow a lot of penetration for radio signals.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah I understand that, I'm just saying the S5 radio is much improved, even over the S4. so it's worth considering. The only time I drop to 3G is deep inside our building at work, but everyone's phone does the same, even my boss' new Turbo. Everywhere else I don't have a problem whether I'm home or any under building. There just isn't getting around this issue within certain buildings. Of course if he lives in a fringe area to being with than yeah, you're sol.

S5 tap'n

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes. That is my issue living in the woods however my wife has a Samsung (I assume G5) and my son just got an iphone 6+ - neither have any issues whatsover. Granted neither of them are on cell phone forums o_O

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Too big. The 6 Plus feels surprisingly good in the hand and I can actually reach everything on the screen. The Note 4 is just too wide. Even the G3 is pushing it. I would never be able to grip the N6. And there is still the issue of the camera. Moto just can't get that right.
From the size comparisons I've seen, the Nexus is just about as big as the Note or iP6+

on the move..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You can not use one thing if you like.. My girl doesn't use the spen.. No multi.. She loves the camera and screen... Nova launcher with gestures and she's set... Not one extra... We disabled all the extras..

M8 tap'd
I should also add.. I had a terrible experience with the note 3..add in that I'm a moto fan boy and you get.... I hate Samsung..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lmao.. So basically we can't use your opinion.. We can but biased... Lol

M8 tap'd
Lol.. Aren't we all to some extent? I should add.. I had 5 note 3's in 2 months time... All had some form of an issue, from screen shadowing, to a crooked screen, to not being able to keep 4g, to a bad camera.. That really soured the milk for me.. I did try to give Samsung a chance, and I know that my experience isn't typical.. But sometimes, you have to listen to the phone God's lol..

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I believe his beef is with Samsung's radios. Though they have improved they are shy of HTC and Motorola's. But you will not notice unless you live in an area on the border of LTE or the office building you work in does not allow a lot of penetration for radio signals.

This is fact. And there is nothing that would make me even give Samsung another try.

And I just can't bring myself to switch to the fruity side right now. I would be miserable. LOL And I am a Moto fanboy as well. I've become attached to this gorgeous display and ginormous battery. Nothing else could compare right now.

I think we should all apologize to STG for the major thread jack. She is prolly sitting back thinking wth happened.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Brandon you only had Note 3 issues bc the phones know you are a Moto fan boy... Lol they know when they are not appreciated.. Haha
Steve.. STG thread? Don't worry she's moved on to a newer phone by now.. Lmao

M8 tap'd

LMAO You are prolly right. I was really surprised to see she had a G3 and an Xperia. I'm sure she will have an N6 too in a few weeks. I'm glad my days of a new phone every six months or so is done. I had the G2 for 14 months. That has got to be a record for me.

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I thought it was a given the thread would be jacked :)...and I had done pretty good on not getting into phones. The G2 was awesome which made me want to try the G3 (I think it is still one of the best devices out there)...I had always wanted the Xperia Z Series especially after the Xperia Play which was a big fail IMO...But then I would have considered myself a moto fangirl a few phones back :) and after getting the Moto X 2014, it made me want to try the Turbo...

And yes, the Nexus 6 is on the list which should round out this year for phone buying...

And for the record, I still the iPhone 6+ :)...it is actually the 2nd phone that gets carried. I do wish Apple would have designed the size of the device differently but hey, maybe in a few more releases they will get it together ;)...