I picked up the Turbo...

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, just came on to see what everyone thought about it. It looks like a nice phone, but I've been happy with my iPhone 6. It has been problematic because I use it as a hotspot and if it's not an Apple product that is connected, then I have to switch to 3G; and of course VZW cannot talk and surf at the same time on 3G. Now I'm seeing that all the Turbo cannot talk and surf at the same making it a no brainer to keep my iPhone.
That is due to change very soon... don't know that would be cause to ditch the iphone 6 - probably more a preference issue. Two very different platforms.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
STG went Turbo huh? Just when I was thinking of going there.;)
Great minds Scotty lol... Maybe we can convince Pope to join us :)...

~sent while mobile~

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Must a been bsweet I was thinking about....
I am not sure it'll stay my daily driver but I do like the device for the most part.

~sent while mobile~

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Unless the phone includes a font changer like Samsung and LG I thought you had to root to change the full array of system fonts.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No I haven't - will have to look into that :)...

So the turbo was just an appetizer for the main course, its bigger brother that is free to go where ever (unlocked).

roasted-turkey-with-bernaise-butter-l.jpg

Reactions: 24c

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well, just came on to see what everyone thought about it. It looks like a nice phone, but I've been happy with my iPhone 6. It has been problematic because I use it as a hotspot and if it's not an Apple product that is connected, then I have to switch to 3G; and of course VZW cannot talk and surf at the same time on 3G. Now I'm seeing that all the Turbo cannot talk and surf at the same making it a no brainer to keep my iPhone.

I hate to say it I am actually considering taking back my Turbo and getting a 6 Plus. I have been playing with one a few times at the VZW store and must say I am pretty impressed. Just dunno if I wanna give up the customizing ability that Android offers. But I really would like to have a better camera. My LG G2 spoiled me because it took such great pictures.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hate to say it I am actually considering taking back my Turbo and getting a 6 Plus. I have been playing with one a few times at the VZW store and must say I am pretty impressed. Just dunno if I wanna give up the customizing ability that Android offers. But I really would like to have a better camera. My LG G2 spoiled me because it took such great pictures.
Not a bad phone you just would have to get use to the different ecosystem.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Not a bad phone you just would have to get use to the different ecosystem.

Yeah I know. I think I am at a point where I like to just set it and forget it. I love customizing. But I find it very time consuming and I am OCD to the point where if I don't like how one thing looks I have to change everything. Thinking maybe I will do a year or two with an iPhone and see what I think. If I hate it I will switch back. My gf and daughter both have a 5s and I have been playing with them. iOS 8 is way better than the last time I played with an iPhone. Not cast in stone and I am also considering the LG G3 since loved my G2 so much.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I do like the IPhone 6 +.. But IMO for a screen only 5.5 it's too big... I'd take a Note4 or LG3 over it...

M8 tap'd

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I do like the IPhone 6 +.. But IMO for a screen only 5.5 it's too big... I'd take a Note4 or LG3 over it...

M8 tap'd

Now you know I can't do Samsung. LOL