Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's right, that's the standard "am I bricked" test and let me know what was going on.

You could try to do a factory reset from the recovery. That should allow you to reboot your phone normally, but you'll have to set your phone back up again. I don't know what it would do to the root job on a D2, however, so you might have to re-root as well. Unfortunately that's all I can really suggest at the moment. If you can wait till tomorrow I'll try to escalate this so another member, Rescue Squad or a Mod more familiar with the process on the D2 can help you out. However, what I'd suggest you do in that case is pull the battery again so it doesn't run down. :)

If you want to do the factory reset and you don't lose root then you'll be able to reinstall the bootstrap app and try again.

EDIT:

The SBF listed above would completely reset your phone and you WILL lose root, but you MAY have to do it anyway.

Ah, Star Wars! Good choice. :D

Last edited:
OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
ok, im willing to do the resset, i just need to know how to get past this lill guy and the white triangle. :)

SDIT: I have had to reset my phone so many times I am use to it. so this is nothing new.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Droid 2: Hard Reset

3. Press the Search key on the keyboard (magnifying glass).
4. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the phone to select the Wipe data factory reset option. Use the Camera key to confirm it.
5. Tap wipe data/factory reset then tap OK.
6. Highlight reboot system now is highlighted then tap OK.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. This happens with bootstrap, unfortunately. Time to start thinking SBF, I believe. That link Jeebz88 provided should prove very helpful at this point.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK I had this happen yesterday. Do you have bootstrap recovery (aka clockwork). If do a battery pull and hold x while you turn it back on. When you see the triangle click your search button on your keyboard. You need to keep doing that until you get clockwork recovery. From there you can flash a nandroid backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.