my Droid 2 is almost a brick

greenblaster

Reaction score
I want to apologize in advance for the amount of detail I go into. I just want to make sure I don't leave any pertinent information unmentioned.

Two days ago, I was running the latest available Cyanogenmod nightly. I wanted something different, so I downloaded a port of MIUI mod. Via Clockwork recovery, I reset my phone to factory default and cleared my cache. Then, in a profound display of stupidity, I extracted and installed the MIUI zip file in its entirety, without separating the included contents. The ROMs I've dealt with in the past worked that way, so I didn't even think to break the zip file down.

Upon rebooting, my phone stuck at the Motorola "M" logo screen. I've since been unable to do anything with the phone. Holding "X" and then powering the phone on takes me to the preliminary recovery screen (with the triangle/exclamation/android), but I am unable to advance further once I am there. Pressing "search," "camera/volume up," "volume up/down," and combinations thereof do nothing.

When I power the phone on, after a few seconds, the LED light flashes blue briefly, then green briefly. Pressing the volume down button during the blue LED flash takes me to what appears to be stock recovery, with options for Boot, CPU Settings, Recovery, and Tools. Under recovery, choosing Stock Recovery reboots my phone and then takes me to the triangle/android screen mentioned above, and again, no buttons work. Also under recovery, choosing Latest Recovery or Stable Recovery both take me to Clockwork mod. Choosing any option under Clockwork, though, doesn't seem to do anything. The text simply disappears, and I see only the Clockwork logo (the hat). From there, I can press my Home or Back soft keys and be taken back to the main Clockwork menu. From there, I can conversely choose Home or Back and be revert to what I presume to be a version of the stock recovery which contains text narrating what I have previously tried in stock recovery in addition to a strange barcode-type logo.

I suppose that I have damaged my phone's innards so badly that even the recovery has suffered. I don't know if I need to be trying to flash a new recovery or what. Any advice or input that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can you hold the 'up arrow' on the keyboard while powering on to get into the bootloader?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
G

greenblaster

Reaction score
I apparently can. I had no idea about that. Please pardon my ignorance, but from there, what do I need to do?

andrew92

Reaction score
try getting it into bootloader and ezsbfing it

hope that helps

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just so you know next time when you press volume down after the blue light flashes and select the recovery option then latest recovery it will take you into ClockWork and generally you can fix what's wrong without having to start all over. Also, for MIUI you do just select the whole zip file to install, you don't have to separate anything out of it.

motojoey

Reaction score
Same problem

try getting it into bootloader and ezsbfing it

hope that helps

Hey man! I have the same problem, but I don't understand the part of "ezsbfing it". What it means?
I implore your help