Help! bricked droid 2

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
Hey there, a friend of mine sold me his old droid 2, but he bootlooped it trying to install a rom.

I looked on the sd card and it has nandroid backups
just no clockwork mod.

And it will bootloop, except holding x will get it into stock recovery.

the problem is I cant flash a .sbf cause im missing the micro usb cord.
Is there an update zip that can be flashed through the stock recovery that is E verified?
any help would be great. TY

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a 2.3.20 ZIP out there, but it has to be installed in Bootstrap. Your only option at this point is to SBF, but you need a USB cord.

OP
J

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid of, did verizon happen make an update zip thats stock to manually install?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thats what I was afraid of, did verizon happen make an update zip thats stock to manually install?

There is an update.zip to update to GB over on RootzWiki, but I don't remember exactly where it's located.

steeeve

Reaction score
Here's a link to an update.zip that contains the OTA GB upgrade:
Blur_Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US.zip
I got it from the CM4D2-GB post (step 2):
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-d2/167861-cm7-gingerbread-rom-cm4d2-gb-now-ready-prime-time.html

I was able to use it to go from non-rooted stock Froyo to GB. Although, I'm not sure what state everything is in, so I don't know what that update would actually do (being that it could already be using the GB leak). You may want to try and find the previously mentioned zip...