possibly bricked droid 2 global

GaadenSumoka

Reaction score
so today i tried to root my droid with no knowledge on rooting an android device whatsoever (yes, i learned my lesson). i used z4 and it worked okay. until i installed liberty onto my device. i then messed around with the roms and tried to install one of them. my droid then rebooted and stayed on the boot screen for about ten minutes before i pulled the battery. now its in clockwork and i mounted it via usb to my net book and it wont boot up. then i really messed up by formatting my sd card and restoring it to factory settings through clockwork. now its just mounted with clockwork recovery and i have no idea what to do and boy do i feel like an idiot. is there anything i can do? can i put a recovery image onto the sd card and restore it with clockwork or am i screwed? please help, thank you in advance.
:)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Droid 2 ROM's will not work on the Droid 2 Global. You will most likely need to sbf. RSD Lite 4.9, Motorola drivers, and the D2G sbf file are what you need.

CM74DX

OP
G

GaadenSumoka

Reaction score
okay cool, with a little googling i think i will be able to nurse my young back to tip top shape. thanks for the help brad :]
cheers!

xrp861

Reaction score
Or you could download a d2g Rom put it on your SD clear cache clear data and flash like normal...why does is need to sbf if is can get into clockwork? Makes no sense imo.

OP
G

GaadenSumoka

Reaction score
thanks guys, i tried the sbf RSD method and it worked perfectly. i'm gonna do my homework on rooting before i try my luck again. thanks again!
also, thanks to TBH and all those dudes that made it this easy.
Good night everyone
:icon_ banana: