Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
your battery is probably dead.

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
sorry im having computer issues i do not remember the pogram i used to flash but it was not the one you stated I was told not to use it

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok the reason I asked was because to fix your device we must get into clockwork recovery so you may have to keep doing a battery pull and powering back on while holding x until you get the green clockwork recovery.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a droid 2 as well. And yesterday while playing withultra low volatage kernels my phone bootloop (thats what happens when it turns off and back on and sticks at the M). I had to take my battery completely out hold the x button and put it in. The first time I got the blue stock recovery, so I immediately took the battery out again, on the third time I managed to get clockwork recovery. Then I flashed my nandroid backup. The reason why you have to do that is bootstrap recovery is not a true custom recovery. It is set to load up every other time you boot into recovery. With out the custom recovery you will not be able to flash your nandroid backup because the stock recovery requires an official stock rom that is signed. SO you have 2 ways to fix your phone. The first is the method I am telling you. If you can not get a custom recovery to pop up then the only fix is to flash sbf.
Sorry but that is the way it is.

OP
MischiefsMommy
Reaction score
ok i can deal with how ever i need to fix my phone that is fine.. i just want my phone back. :) Now the other issue is im a total noob, I have no idea what a sbf is...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok so you are not able to get the clockwork to come up at all,

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to flash the sbf you must first set up rsd lite. get the files here:
Droid 2

the steps for rsdlite id here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

this you tube video is identical except you eill use the 2 droid 2 files and a different rsdlite version. But the steps are identical and can provide some video help

[video=youtube;CIdtdYqbasw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdtdYqbasw[/video]
[video=youtube;H62KLc4kKN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62KLc4kKN0[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I highly suggest you do this with some rest because this is the last way and you really do not want to mess this up. You are reflashing your phone. Though it is not hard you need to do this while wide awake, refreshed, and paying attention.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try this, in the blue recovery scroll up and hit reboot and hold x while you do it. Try this before doing the sbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.